Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 and Strava calories changing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I exercise my Fitbit automatically recognised it and gives a calorie count. However I track my runs with strava and it gives a different amount and I understand why due to the algorithms. However when they then sync together my fit bit updates and changes the calories to about 1/2 amount in strava e.g

original Fitbit calories 422

strava calories 378

synced calories in Fitbit after sync with strava 168

so my final calories matches neither of them.  This happens every time I do the exercise! I lose a lot of calories and to top it all although this register as one of my exercise goals the total showing under the exercise icon today was 0!!!! I had walked for an hour!!

Moderator edit: Added labels

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @MRid .

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing those details on the situation. 

In this case the information should be copied from the Strava activities to Fitbit directly as if it was a manually logged activity and the same with activities tracked from Fitbit going to Strava.

Is this happening with all activities or have you seen activities were the calories do match?

I look forward to hearing more details from you on this. In the meantime, I'd recommend that you try to disconnect the apps from each other and then connect them again and see if that improves the match of information on future activities. 

Please keep me posted on how it goes!

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for responding. It happens each time I do exercise linked to strava. I have seen people experience a similar thing on other forums, but it is usually replied by stating they will be different due to the way they are calculated, without getting the issue that what is actually left showing is not the same as either calculation and in fact halved it.

i have unlinked the two apps but would like it if a solution was found so I can link up again. 

Thanks Michelle 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MRid.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for bringing this up. 

Given that the Strava information is entered as if it was a manually logged activity, the calories will not match the calories logged in Strava. Keep in mind that not all information is synced from Strava to Ftibit doesn't include GPS or heart rate data from Strava, so calorie calculation would be different.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes