Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion on Fitbit & Lose It Exercise Tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the flex and I take it off when I'm doing my exercises, and log it manually. I've just started getting back in to lose it and am confused as to which app(s?) I am supposed to track my exercises. Because I only wear my fitbit for my daily walking/general moving around, do I need to log my exercises I track manually in fitbit so the calories burned from them transfer over to lose it, as well as log them in lose it so my exercise calories reflect towards my net & budget? When I don't track them in fitbit I don't see a change in my net and exercise calories in lose it. Additionally it does not count those calories towards my total calories burned on the fitbit tab.  But when I do log them in fitbit, I see the reflection in my lose it app of the total calories burned from the fitbit tab, but it does not double/interfere with my lose it exercise and net calorie tracking from entering my exercises in lose it.

Sorry if this is confusing, I just want to make sure I'm doing things right and not accidentally sabotaging my weight loss journey. Bottom line is, do I need to track my exercises I do while not wearing my fitbit in both my apps?

Edit: I am aware of what data syncs over from each app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @sasa9990, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. As you know Fitbit sends calorie data only to Lose It. 

Lose It compares and estimate your calorie burn from Fitbit and adjusts your calorie goal. So I don't recommend to take it off your tracker while you are doing exercises. It won't matter if you manually log your exercise since all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of a manually logged activity by the activity's entered values. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration. 

All this information contributes to your calories burned in your Fitbit account and it will share your calories to Lose it.

There is not need to log your exercise in Lose It since this information is not share with Fitbit. Only Fitbit is able to transfer your calories. Doing this you shouldn't have any discrepancies with your data.

If have more questions, just let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes