Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to My Fitness Pal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My stats were not exchanging between Fitbit App & MFP App on iPhone 6Plus. I read an article on MFP website where they said to "Revoke Access" to MFP on fitbit website. But I am unable to go to my settings to do that.. Can someone help?

Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. It sounds as if you may have run into a problem with your access token (basically, the data required to get past the toll booth to cross the bridge from one partner to the other). To refresh your token, please perform the following exact steps:

- Go to our main website at www.MyFitnessPal.com, then to the Apps tab, then check to see if fitbit is showing as Connected under your apps. If so please Disconnect it. 
- Then log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com, click the gear icon, then Settings, next click Applications. If MyFitnessPal is showing as Connected there, click the blue ‘Revoke Access’ button and revoke access for MyFitnessPal
- It’s important to make sure Fitbit has been disconnected on both MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Once disconnected, please wait 15 minutes then try to reconnect from the MyFitnessPal website
- Go back to www.MyFitnessPal.com website (not the Fitbit or MFP app) and relink your Fitbit device via the main Apps tab, here.
- Once you have reconnected, go back to the Apps tab online and make sure Fitbit is now showing on the right-hand side of the page under Your Apps

This should refresh your link on both sides. Once you have reestablished the connection, you need to then make sure to elect Fitbit as your step source.

You can elect Fitibit as your Step source either via the Menu in the App, then Steps. Or online here.

Warm Regards,
Logan
MyFitnessPal Staff

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TarunM, good to see you again. I assuming this is the information you found in MFP about revoking the access.

Indeed, if your stats were not syncing, the best to try is to revoke the access of MFP and your Fitbit account. However If you are experiencing troubles to connect your accounts again, please review this post: Fitbit and MFP not syncing!. 

It might help you to get you back on track. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @TarunM, good to see you again. I assuming this is the information you found in MFP about revoking the access.

Indeed, if your stats were not syncing, the best to try is to revoke the access of MFP and your Fitbit account. However If you are experiencing troubles to connect your accounts again, please review this post: Fitbit and MFP not syncing!. 

It might help you to get you back on track. See you around!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hi Roberto,

Great to see you here.. Thank you for all the help.. The link in your post gave me access to my Application settings.. Which is the second issue i was facing.. So both are resolved.. Happy to be with FITBIT.. Thank you!!!

Best Answer

Hi @TarunM, I'm glad to hear everything was resolved and the information I've shared was helpful to address the issues you were facing with MFP.

Always happy to help you and stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!!! it worked.  Thank you so much for your informative answer.  It was such a help 😄

Cheers x

Best Answer

Hello @sn9500, I saw you have resolved the issues with MFP so the only thing I have left to say is welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community.

I saw your post in our discussion board and it's nice to see you are participating and sharing your experiences with other members of the Community.

Stay awesome and if you need anything else, just let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, Robert 🙂
Best Answer

Hello, everybody - hope it's ok to post here because I think my question is associated, but happy to be guided if it should be elsewhere.

I'll be using a tracker of a different make and syncing with MFP. But having had and used a Fitbit tracker also, I prefer the Fitbit app for actually looking at the data. Please can anyone tell me whether there's a way to sync data in that direction - i.e. from MFP to Fitbit app? Sorry if I haven't related this too well - I'm still very new to this stuff!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @tchaik, it's been a while since you posted and I've noticed you haven't received a response so let me step in in case you still need more help about connect MFP to your Fitbit account.

Yes, you can sync data from your MFP account to your Fitbit account, however keep in mind with third party integrations, the data is shared in different ways or not all the information is selected to sync across your accounts.

If you need to sync MFP to Fitbit, this is what will sync:

MFP > Logged food > Fitbit
MFP > Activities > Fitbit

So as the chart above shows, it will sync your activities; but this will appear as manually logs on your Fitbit account. For more details please take a look at this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you still have more questions.

Best Answer

Ciao, Roberto!

Is this a record for the time taken between replies? My sincere apologies for that, especially after the time and trouble you took.

I'm back with a Fitbit device now, but have kept a note of all you said, so I can refer to it if I change my mind again!

All best wishes, and thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes