Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclemeter Integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had Cyclemeter GPS for several years and love it.  To track my progress across both riding and FitBit, i have to do so manually.  Please consider a full integration with CycleMeter GPS.  Thank you.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @ChuckSull, its nice to see you here as a new member of the Fitbit Community. Thank you for your suggestions and feedback, note that with some integrations do not depend of Fitbit initiative but from the third party service who wants to integrate the Fitbit data to their application.

However all your suggestion are important to improve the Fitbit experience. If this is something in which you're interested, please visit this feature suggestion: Integration between Fitbit and Cyclemeter and contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

Hope to see you around and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Ok, I reached out to Cyclemeter with this question.  Here is Cyclemeters response:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for asking about using your Fitbit Charge 2 with Cyclemeter. I'm glad to help - but it's not good news.

Unfortunately we are not able to connect to any of the FitBit devices. FitBit does not provide real time access to their heart rate data to third-party applications. They only sync their data to their own apps. If FitBit ever decides to allow access to their data we would consider adding support in the future. For now, it is out of our control.

On another note, it has come to my attention that Fitbit now offers the option to export TCX files for use in other apps. I'm not familiar with their feature, but if their exported files use standard TCX file format, you should be able to export the data from Fitbitand import it into the Elite version of our app. You will need to check with Fitbit about how to export their files, but here's how you can import files into Cyclemter:

There are two ways that you can import files into our app.

You can send the exported file as an attachment to your iPhone's Mail app. When you open the email on your phone and then tap on the file attachment, it will import directly into Cyclemeter.

Or, if you have a URL with the file link, you can copy the URL and then go to More > Settings > Advanced > Import URL in the app to import it.

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to let me know if you have other questions.

It looks like the ball is in Fitbit's court now.  Come on Fitbit, get this to work please!

Mike

Best Answer