Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the Peloton-FITBIT API Break

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My rides from Peloton have been publishing to my Fitbit Dash.  But the heartrate data (taken on the Peloton using a Peloton monitor band) stopped coming over.  Anyone else experiencing this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@rfeustel   I'm moving your post to the Third Party Integration forum, a better fit for your question.  You have a better chance of getting an answer.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks much, Laurie!

Best Answer

@rfeustel I don't use Peloton but I use a number of virtual cycling apps like Zwift, Rouvy and BKool. One thing I know is that Fitbit doesn't support importing HR from external source. If you use external monitor with Peloton, that HR would not transfer. However, there is an explanation (and probably fix) to your issue. You need to wear your watch when you cycling using Peloton and ideally, be recording something that will force recording HR with 1 second intervals. If you don't wear your watch there will be no HR in the Fitbit system that can be substituted. Here's example from Zwift ride:

tparker_0-1676475188957.png

I hope this explains how it works (at least currently, on Android, I'm not sure if that would work with iOS). Make sure you are tracking activity with your watch simultaneously, then delete the activity you tracked leaving the one that has been imported into Fitbit. The HR you will see in the end will be the one tracked by your watch, not the one you see on the Peloton (look at screen above, HR charts are noticeably different).

If I try to import indoor cycling activity without wearing the watch or without tracking activity then I don't get HR. Sometimes, just wearing the watch works, other times it works only when I track the activity on the watch. I don't quite get the pattern here but it may be related to watch's auto-tracking function which may suddenly switch the HR reading into 1sec (exercise) mode (can't really confirm it so to be safe I always track Spinning at the same time as I ride Zwift).

Best Answer
0 Votes