Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference on pace between Strava and FitBit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've connected Strava to my Fitbit so I can track runs and keep them consistent in both. However, Strava is tracking my run pace differently. For example, today my 5k was tracked at 5:09/KM (it's hot ok!), but on Fitbit it says 6'12".

I think the reason is to do with the time. Strava I control myself, hitting start and stop, and today the run was 23:11, but Fitbit thinks it was 27:59. I don't understand why they aren't the same?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @s0wet0. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'd like to help you out with this. I'd just like to make sure that you're recording your run using the MobileRun feature on the Fitbit app where you start your exercise there and you're doing this simultaneously with Strava, is that correct?

Now, I see a difference of a little bit more than a minute between both... It could be a difference on the way both apps use the GPS on your phone and as it could be that the pace  given from Fitbit is slightly off, it could also be that the pace given from Strava is slightly off.

I can probably recommend comparing with a third app and see how the three track your pace and compare them afterwards to see the results.

Hope this helps and if you need anything else, I'm always around.

PS. I'm moving your post to the Third Party App integrations board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes