Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Pixel watches collect the same data / have the same accuracy as Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been an Android user for 10+ years & will never switch to Apple, and before I switched over to Fitbit in 2017 I was a loyal Google Wear watch owner (RIP, Moto 360). If my Charge 5 quits on me I wouldn't mind owning a Pixel watch because I've been 100% Google or Samsung for my personal devices and data for over a decade now (not to mention Fitbit having 6 years of my health data, including smart scale data from a scale I bought specifically for Fitbit support...).

My questions to anyone on this sub who's either switched from Fitbit to Pixel watch, or owns both: does it sync over all the features to the Fitbit app like sleep, zone minutes, etc, and is it as accurate as the current Fitbits?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@stacy36 I have used the Pixel Watch, as well as various Fitbit devices. You asked about sleep tracking and zone minutes specifically and those are tracked by the Pixel Watch, just as they are with the Charge 5.

The Pixel Watch has an altimeter, so it will count flights of stairs, if that is something you're missing with the Charge 5. It does lack a few of the health features that some Fitbits have. It doesn't do skin temperature or SpO2. I think SpO2 is coming soon, but I don't have it yet.

The Pixel Watch also doesn't have Smart Wake alarms, if that is something you rely on with Fitbit. It has a ton of smartwatch features so, to me, that makes up for the things that are missing. I really like mine, but I don't like having to charge it every day. That's the only downside for me. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@stacy36 I have used the Pixel Watch, as well as various Fitbit devices. You asked about sleep tracking and zone minutes specifically and those are tracked by the Pixel Watch, just as they are with the Charge 5.

The Pixel Watch has an altimeter, so it will count flights of stairs, if that is something you're missing with the Charge 5. It does lack a few of the health features that some Fitbits have. It doesn't do skin temperature or SpO2. I think SpO2 is coming soon, but I don't have it yet.

The Pixel Watch also doesn't have Smart Wake alarms, if that is something you rely on with Fitbit. It has a ton of smartwatch features so, to me, that makes up for the things that are missing. I really like mine, but I don't like having to charge it every day. That's the only downside for me. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer