Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit plan to share heart rate data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge HR, and the reason my wife bought it for me was because she thought it would share heart rate with the Map My Ride app.  When I contacted the MMR people some time back, they said they were waiting for Fitbit to share the data.  On here, I see that Fitbit does not share heart rate data with 3rd party apps.  Does Fitbit ever plan to share this data with third parties?

Thanks,

BWW

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @BrianWW! Currently, I don't have any information about Fitbit syncing heart rate data to other apps. However, Fitbit is always working to improve its Dashboard and features. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Is there an update on this? I would like to share live heart rate data from my Charge 2 with a cycling trainer app either MapMyRide or Rouvy (CycleOps Virtual Trainer). At the moment it seems I need to get a brand new separate heart rate monitor because I can't figure this out. If this is one of my main sources of cardio it kind of makes the Fitbit useless during exercise...Is there any work around?

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @cbcamins! Currently, Fitbit will sync steps, distance, calories and weight to MapMyRun app. You can learn more about more integrations by checking this third-party post

At the moment, heart rate data won't sync to other third-party integrations. However, Fitbit is always working to improve its features and provide you with more options. You may want to vote for this idea 167 Votes Allow third-parties to access live heart rate data, those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer