Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracked on Fitbit not syncing to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit tracked exercises used to sync with MyFitnessPal so I could get credit for the exercise I do against my calorie total for the day.  Now for some reason it only tracks steps taken, not anything else such as the cardio workouts.  I have tried everything such as deleting both apps and reinstalling, etc.  they show as connected but no exercise info is syncing.  Please help. 

Best Answer
78 REPLIES 78

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Dianeblue! Thanks for already deleting and reinstalling both apps, nice way to go! 

However, what I'd recommend is revoke access of My FitnessPal from Fitbit. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

Once connected you will be able to view the foods and activities that you log on your MyFitnessPal account on your Fitbit Dashboard. From the "Check In" section of your MyFitnessPal account, you will see the steps taken and sleep tracked by your Fitbit device. 

You will also see a calorie adjustment from Fitbit. Whenever MyFitnessPal receives calorie burn data from your Fitbit Tracker, it compares that to the projected calorie burn for your account and adjusts your calorie goal accordingly. 

If you keep having syncing/discrepancy issues between both apps , click here

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Maybe it has changed. but according to the MFP information post. only steps and weight sync to MFP. Is this still the case @MarreFitbit

Best Answer

Same thing happening to me!! Fitbit says I burned 250 cals but when it synced over to MFP they gave me a 60 calorie adjustment. That's a bit of a difference. I can go in an manually add all my workouts on MFP but then bc they are linked the get double logged on Fitbit so then I have to delete them off Fibit. I just wanted when it comes over from Fitbit for it to say on MFP "treadmill, 250 cals burned". Not sure that's gonna happen tho.

Best Answer

This absolutely DOES NOT WORK.  Once you revoke access and try to reconnect, it says "Another MyFitnessPal account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once."  I've included an image below.  Have tried this several times with logging in/out, adding, revoking, etc.  At no point does either app show they are connected...or at least any data shared.

I'm sure Fitbit will blame MFP, and MFP will blame Fitbit.  Par for the course.  Perpetual run around.

fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Same issue here. The only thing that's syncing over to MFP from Fitbit for me is steps taken. No weight or exercise updates are making it across to MFP. When I add in the exercise manually on MFP I wind up with duplicates in the FitBit feed.

Best Answer

@Alegrya as for weight, I don't know why it isntisbeing sent overv when it comes to exercise MFP does not want to retrieve this. As for weight I would contact MFP they are the ones that setup the link. 

Have you read the information post as to what should sync. Screenshot_20180307-113507.png

Yes any NEO logged exercise gets sent to Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Thanks Rich, I'm loathe to disconnect the services as the reply above mine indicated that they won't re-join. I'll see what I can learn from MFP. I've seen that post but it's also 10mo old so may be out of date now.

Not knowing whether the sync is a pull or a push has made it hard to troubleshoot which service is letting down expectations.

Best Answer

The third party FAQ explains a lot .

Best Answer

Welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @RRocket, and nice to see you around @Alegrya@Keljo99.

@RRocket I saw you were having troubles to reconnect your Fitbit account and MyFitnessPal again. Is the issue still persisting? If it does, make sure MyFitnessPal still doesn't show connected with your Fitbit account, otherwise it won't let you to reconnect this integration.

Thank you @Rich_Laue  for sharing this information. Is correct that not all the information from Fitbit will be shared to MyFitnessPal as the screenshot below demonstrate.

@Alegrya Only in case the specific information mentioned before is not shared between MyFitnessPal is safe to proceed to disconnect and reconnect the integration between your accounts. Otherwise, since exercise from Fitbit won't be share to MyFitnessPal it won't be require to follow these steps.

Keep in mind activities from MyFitnessPal are synced to Fitbit as manually logged activities. Additionally as a result of food logs being synced over, calories are also synced but as a calorie adjustment. To learn more about this feel free to visit the following post.

See you later and keep participating in our Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I am reading through this thread, I am confirming that Fitbit timed workouts/calories burned do not sync to MyFitnessPal, and, if I manually log them in MyFitnessPal, they sync back to Fitbit and are double counted. This alone makes me want to switch to an Apple watch.

Best Answer

This is the exact thing happening to me... Fitbit steps sync to MFP, and my food/exercise logged into MFP sync back with  Fitbit. However, any exercise logged in Fitbit DOES NOT sync to MFP. Also, if I log exercise  in MFP, it duplicates the exercise already logged in MFP. I’ve tried all the suggestions. Logging out, revoking access, uninstalling apps, etc. 

Best Answer

Hi there @travelwinechick and @Mandyjohnson02, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response, however I was reading your concerns and I would like to clarify this.

As you have noticed, exercises logged in Fitbit are not shared with MyFitnessPal. Only those exercise logged in MFP are send to your Fitbit Dashboard, so if there is a similar exercise in your Dashboard it will duplicate the calories.

Note that this is not an issues, so any troubleshooting steps you tried will have no effect in this functionality. To learn more about which data is synced with third party integrations, please review this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

For more details on third party integrations refer to our Third Party Apps - FAQ.

See you later and hope this answer your concerns.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This function use to work flawlessly. I’ve had a Fitbit for over 3 years
and it synced from Fitbit to MFP.
Best Answer

Its like something happened at the beginning of the month to break it

Best Answer

Hey there @Mandyjohnson02 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @atomassetti1987.Thank you for your feedback and your comments.

I can assured nothing has change with this integration. Exercise logged in Fitbit are not shared to MFP. Nonetheless it doesn't mean your calories won't be shared. Since MFP will take this the calories of your exercise logged in your Fitbit Dashboard as part of your calorie adjustment.

Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app, so any change in the integration is not from our end.

Take care and thank you for keep sharing your concerns.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@travelwinechick please see the main post on what MFP wants from fitbit .

Only steps and weight get transferred over. 

This is up to MFP as to what they want. 

Best Answer

Something has definitely changed in the past week or so.  My exercise logged on Fitbit used to sync over to MFP and at least give me a partial calorie adjustment.  Now it doesnt give me anything and if i manually add the exercise in MFP it gets counted twice in Fitbit.  My walks have also started showing up as elliptical workouts in fitbit, when previously they showed up as walks.  Ive contacted fitbit support twice about this, and apparently its a known problem, but it still isnt fixed.  Very annoying to say the least.

Best Answer

@Luckymom521 please follow the link I have in the post above yours. 

Exercise on MFP gets transferred as a manually added exercise to Fitbit. 

Only Fitbit steps and and weight get transferred to MFP .This is the way it has been for a long time. 

Fitbit also has no control over this, MFP. is in complete control of what they want to take and give. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay...I’ve walked over 8k steps today and MFP still shows a 0 calorie credit for these steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes