Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Not Transmitting Steps to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is registering my steps, but they are not syncing with MyFitnessPal. I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times. My food is syncing and everything else. Just not the steps. I’ve contact MyFitnessPal support with no response. Please advise.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I'm having the same issue.  Tried all the resets, uninstalls,, reinstall, etc. Nothing fixes the step sync. I'll be watching for an answer that actually works.  TY

Best Answer

I've had the same problem. And when I go to the Fitbit menu for "Manage 3rd Party Apps", it won't recognize MyFitnessPal. Has Fitbit stopped supporting it?

Best Answer

Similar issue here but for exercise and calorie expenditure. Syncs on initial set up but never again 

Best Answer

From Fitbit's side, we will only be able to revoke access by MFP and then connect. If this doesn't work, then we have to reach out to MyFitnessPal since they are the author and in charge of what they collect. 

Fitbit does not automatically send data to MFP but MFP uses fitbit tools to retrieve data. 

It also is up to MFP to support Fitbit, Fitbit simply handles the required API, think of this as tools for third party to use. 

I have also moved this thread into the Third Party Support. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Used to work fine but now it doesn't.

Best Answer

And when you contacted MyFitnessPall, what was their answer? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I could reach them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, @PJLowe. please see this post, on the same subject, by a moderator. 

You have done the one and only step that as a fitbit user, we can do. Fitbit maintains the API, that the third party accesses 

If the API was broken, every third party link would be down. 

Best Answer