Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit and MFP Duplicating Exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, all. I notice that my FitBit and MFP are duplicating exercise entries. For example, I did 30 minutes of kickboxing. Naturally, it’s tracked on my FitBit but I have to manually add this to MFP. After I do so, it adds that actuvity again to my FitBit exercise log. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @EmJay1984! Unfortunately, the way mfp and Fitbit are set up is not all that compatible with the HR versions of Fitbit. If you manually add an exercise to mfp, it will sync it back to Fitbit. You have two choices. One is to just track your food in mfp, let it sync back to Fitbit and use Fitbit for everything else. The other is to just deal with it and delete the mfp entry from Fitbit. They haven't really updated the interface since Fitbit released their hr models, it would be nice if the syncing could be set up to go either way with a toggle switch or something.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @EmJay1984! Unfortunately, the way mfp and Fitbit are set up is not all that compatible with the HR versions of Fitbit. If you manually add an exercise to mfp, it will sync it back to Fitbit. You have two choices. One is to just track your food in mfp, let it sync back to Fitbit and use Fitbit for everything else. The other is to just deal with it and delete the mfp entry from Fitbit. They haven't really updated the interface since Fitbit released their hr models, it would be nice if the syncing could be set up to go either way with a toggle switch or something.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
It worked great until Sunday then it just stopped 🙁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, @MakMak! That is exactly what I needed to know!! 

Please disregard my blank response. It’s early and I haven’t had any coffee yet. 

Best Answer