Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitDataSync with Garmin Connect not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got a Fitbit Flex and am trying to sync with Garmin Connect (I have an old Garmin 405). I added the FitDataSync app and I can log into my Garmin Connect account successfully (put in my email and password, check the "sync automatically" box, then hit "save" and I get a "saved successfully" message). I have the Fitbit authorized as well. However, then nothing happens. It doesn't have my last week of workouts, but more importantly it's not adding in new workouts. If I go to FitDataSync, enter in my info, and then hit "sync now," it says "failed to sync." Any ideas??  

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

Fitbit did make a change on 11/3 requring SSL, so if fitdatasync is not using SSL, that could affect their ability to sync.

HTTPS Required By Nov 3, 2014

On Monday, November 3, 2014, connections to api.fitbit.com will be restricted to HTTPS connections only. TLS ("SSL") will be required to use all api.fitbit.com endpoints, including all steps of OAuth. More info available on the support forum

Best Answer
My Fitbit is going in the trash. Done with this crap..
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DaynaM wrote:
My Fitbit is going in the trash. Done with this crap..

Just because of the Garmin syncing? Or do you have other issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I ended up using a workaround. Since MyFitnessPal is a partner app for Garmin and Fitbit, I started using that and now my Garmin info automatically syncs up with Fitbit. No more manual syncing!!!

Best Answer

I just set this up and it seems to work. Thank you!  The only important thing (to me) that didn't show up in Fitbit dashboard was the number of miles I went.  For example, I cycled just over 30 miles today and in the miles field on Fitbit it just shows "-- --".  Any tricks to that one that you know of.  I logged the miles into my Garmin 301XT training watch on Garmin Connect as the main source of data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmmmm.....not sure. Do the cycling activities show on the activity log? Not sure if cycling miles would show up in the data for 'step' miles, since you aren't technically walking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the myfitnesspal trick for syncing runs and walks, and basically all it is doing for me is showing a duration. It is not transferring steps or distance. So if I'm not wearing my fitbit on a run where I'm wearing a garmin, I'm not getting credit for the steps or miles. Any idea how to fix this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I didn't notice when I first suggested this, that the mileage/steps weren't transferring. Just the activity duration and calories. That really sucks!!!

I do, however, always wear both my fitbit and garmin, so I still get credit.

I wish FitDataSync would just start working again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too "almost" always wear the fitbit and Garmin Forerunner when out on a run.

Today I forgot my fitbit. Not usually a problem, just use fitdatsync and we are good.

No go. This is bad. I just entered a "WorkWeek Hustle" challenge with a friend and will lose these valuable steps.

I tried manually entering the workout, but it doesn't apply toward the challenge. It shows up on my dashboard, but doesn't add steps to the challenge.

Although, I am not sure if the sync from Garmin would apply in this situation anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitdatasync is working again!  I have no idea what happened.  But it's back!  I guess we will see for how long.

Best Answer

Hurray!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So everything was going along swimmingly for the past month or so...but now when I sync, it's puttimg it at the wrong time and therefore double counting steps, especially if I'm wearing my fitbit and garmin together. I checked that both my fitbit account and garmin account are on the right time zone. I ran yesterday morning at around 6, and when I synced it went to 1 or 2 am in the fitbit app. Anyone else run into this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
No. But I have noticed fitbits own data is doubling. My garmin info is fine but it seems that fitdatasync is not working again. *head-hits-wall*
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been experiencing this "failed to sync" error since Feb 11. Here's to hoping the service returns...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also started experiencing this issue since last weekend. Service was working perfectly before.

Guess it's an issue on FitDataSync's side. Looks like the site is on auto-pilot, I also contacted them several times (before this because of another issue) and never got an answer.

Wish Tapiriik implemented FitBit sync, they already support Garmin. See https://tapiriik.com/ if you don't know it already.

PS: I've sent an email to Tarpiik's author suggesting FitBit integration and pointing to the API documentation. Here's hoping...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You got me thinking.  I created an Account with Endomondo (connected to Fitbit).  I'm syncing my Garmin Connect info with Endomondo.  Then Endomondo is posting my rides to Fitbit.  Bit of a work around but seems much more solid and less hands off than Fitdatasync.com  I'm sure it will work with the other "apps" that Fitbit supports too. (mapmyrun/ride) etc.  But don't take my word for it.  I revoked access to Fitdatasync too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone with a Charge HR have issues with getting HR data from Garmin Connect to FitBit?

I use my Charge HR for daily tracking and, for workouts, I remove it in favor of the Garmin FR15 and Scosch+. Whenever FitDataSync (or FitnessSyncer) syncs activites from Garmin Connect to FitBit, its missing the HR data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have been using Endomondo to sync Activities from Garmin.  It's been pretty flawless AND it's nearly instantaneous.  I finished a ride today, and checked fitbit about 2 or 3 minutes later - and BOOM there it was.  So far success.

Best Answer
0 Votes
jnhearne - have you used endomondo to sync runs as well? I'm curious if when syncing runs it syncs steps as well. A while back I tried syncing via myfitnesspal and it only synced it as a dummy activity, so if I wasn't wearing my fitbit on the run I don't get credit for the steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I started using Endomondo to sync my Garmin 910xt to Fitbit too... it's working pretty good except it doesn't pull cadence info from my footpod. It grabs the step counter from the Charge HR. at least we have something right now.
Best Answer
0 Votes