Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit + MFP

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Should I have FB active in MFP under Apps & Devices as well as under Steps?

My husband and I did all of our walks

together today and our workout class and my FB Tracker Calorie Adjustment is 834 (one entry) and my husband’s is 452 (he has an Apple Watch), but he isn’t showing an adjustment for Steps, only for the individual walks and then the workout class we did (so he has an adjustment for each; he manually initiated each activity before beginning in his watch).

My FB is setup to auto recognize walks and when I do my workout class, I select the activity and Start my workout on my watch.

Today was our first full day and his calorie adjustment seems more accurate... I’m just concerned about mine... FB has my workout class at 493 calories and my walks didn’t register bc they were probably too short. 

I have read SO MANY posts and nothing seems to be simple enough to follow or people say something totally unrelated ended up working...

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @chanellenatasha.

Thanks for sharing your and your husband's experience and also trying to read about the situation before posting in here.

It is possible that it is related to the way the the Fitbit and the Apple Watch calculate calories.  In reality it is not possible for us to know for sure why your husband's watch calculates the calories it does but we can say that your Fitbit should be giving you a relatively accurate number as it is being based on the information you entered in your account (weight, height, age, etc.).

Let me know if you have  any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response! So having my FB selected under Apps & Devices as well as Steps is correct and not possibly causing double counting or anything, correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @chanellenatasha.

That is correct, yes. It shouldn't change anything in regards to how your Fitbit syncs and tracks your information.

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards, lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes