Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense not sending data to Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m went for a run earlier today with my sense.

it has recorded the run on Fitbit but not sent the data through to Strava as it would normally?

ive tried disconnecting the two apps and re connecting but it hasn’t worked? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. If you're currently having issues to sync GPS exercises from Fitbit to Strava, I'd encourage you to visit and follow this other thread related to this situation.

On the other hand, if you have a different question, feel free to start a new thread in the Help Forums in order to receive help from the community. Please note you can always visit our Help Site where you'll find information about our devices and features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @tonio3179, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the steps that you've tried prior to posting. While you mentioned to have used your Sense to record your run, may I know if your activity captured GPS data? Please note that your activities must be recorded with GPS to appear on Strava. To turn on the GPS, on your watch swipe to the left to open the Exercise app and choose an exercise. Then tap the switch icon to turn on GPS and swipe down to return to the exercise screen. Once your activity is completed, sync with the Fitbit app so it can appear in the Strava app screen. You can find more details and recommendations to track GPS with your Fitbit Sense in this help article.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Third-Party Integrations board so you can have more chances to receive help from the Community, and to keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues with connecting to Strava. My GPS connects for every walk or run that I do, but my data doesn't send to Strava.

I've done all the disconnecting and reconnecting also.

Best Answer

Hi @leanne.innes, it's nice to see you around.

Thanks for every step tried on your own and confirming that you've been tracking GPS activities. Just to confirm, by disconnecting and reconnecting do you mean to have unpaired your Sense and reconnected to your Fitbit account? If that's correct, I'd suggest you to give a try to the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap your profile picture.
  2. Scroll down and tap Third Party Apps under Settings.
  3. Tap Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  4. Log in to your Fitbit account when prompted.
  5. Look for Strava and tap Revoke Access to disconnect it from your Fitbit account.
  6. Once that is done, visit strava.fitbit.com and tap or click Connect.
  7. Log in to your Strava account and when prompted, authorize Strava to connect to your Fitbit account. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
Thanks.

I've done that step several times. Still nothing.

Leanne

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

Hi @leanne.innes It's nice to see you here again.

You're welcome and thanks to you for trying the tips suggested in my post. I'm sorry this continues happening and because your data is syncing correctly with the Fitbit app, I'd recommend you to get in touch with Strava Support team so they can look into your account details and provide you with further assistance about this situation. You'll find their contact details here.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I'm new to Fitbit and have tried revoking and re-connecting many times. Why isn't this working? I see the recommendation to contact Strava, but this is a Fitbit forum. Never had this problem with my Garmin. If I don't get it fixed soon, I will be going back.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. If you're currently having issues to sync GPS exercises from Fitbit to Strava, I'd encourage you to visit and follow this other thread related to this situation.

On the other hand, if you have a different question, feel free to start a new thread in the Help Forums in order to receive help from the community. Please note you can always visit our Help Site where you'll find information about our devices and features, as well as troubleshooting tips.

Best Answer