Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and MapMyRun Distance Aggrement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there anyone using both Fitbit and MapMyRun at the same time on a Versa2 ?   I have noticed that the Fitbit will consistently be >0.2 miles off from the same course map vs. MapMyRun.  Both are connecting by GPS.  I have tried setting my stride length manual or automatically on the Fitbit app.  No difference.  It seem they should match.  They both create accurate maps, but the distances are don't agree.  Not a bit deal; just curious. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @RobertM54, it's good to see you back in the Community.

I understand how you feel about this situation and the distance differences. Fitbit devices calculate distance based on the device’s accelerometer data and stride length setting. Default stride length is based on the height and gender registered in the Fitbit account. If available, Fitbit devices use GPS data to calculate more precise distances. When you sync your device, our algorithm interprets the data from the device, and you can see the distance traveled in the Fitbit app. 

Note that when you track an exercise with GPS, both GPS and accelerometer data are used to calculate the distance shown in the Fitbit app.

Also I'd recommend you check these articles, How accurate are Fitbit devices? and How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? for more information.

You can also contact our Support Team for assistance.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but I also have Google Fit and Samsung Health and they are all in agreement with Fitbit.

Looks like it's MapMyRun that's undercounting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @marcin84, it's good to have you in the Community.

I appreciate this information, I'm sure many users will find it helpful. I'd suggest to contact the third party customer service.

Enjoy your day.

Best Answer
0 Votes