Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and MyFitnessPal not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to get my fitbit app to sync up with my fitness pal. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi...i tried your troubleshooting suggestions but with the new updates there is no gear icon on either apps. I tried to uninstall and reinstall both apps on numeroys occassions. To be honest, i think the problem is with my fitness pal. The app will not let me disconnect from fitbit to reconnect. When i try to disconnect it takes me back to the previous page. Fitbit wants me to install mfp even though it is already installed. I just want to know my calories in versus calories out. This information is easier to understand on mfp than it is in fitbit. Plus fitbit will not let me create my own recipes. I am hoping to use the best of both to teack this information. Please help.

Best Answer

You can only do it through the website, not the app.  But it still didn't fix anything for me. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. My Fitbit Surge hasn't synced with MyFitnessPal for about a week. I've disconnected/revoked a dozen times and it hasn't helped. Lately I've been maunally inputting my exercise into MFP, but it kinda defeats the purpose of having the fitbit to begin with. It would be nice if they fix this issue.

Best Answer

I was having this problem too and tried disconnecting and reconnecting my accounts a couple times. It didn't work when I tried disconnecting from the mobile apps, but worked when I disconnected from the desktop apps and then reconnected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tired that today from my desktop...and I even logged out of both apps and logged back in before connecting. I guess I'll just have to keep trying. Thanks for your response!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine syncing again.  I had already tried disconnecting Fitbit and My Fitness Pal both through the desktop sites, but it still wasn't syncing.  But then I noticed that even though both were disconnected, the Steps section under More in the MFP app still had a check mark next to Fitbit.  I selected "Don't track steps" and then force quit both the MFP and Fitbit apps.  I also signed out of Fitbit and MFP on my desktop.  Then I went into MFP and connected my Fitbit from there.  Gave it a few minutes to pull the data and it started syncing.  Then went to More > Steps and reselected Fitbit as the step tracker.  Now everything works again! 😄

Best Answer

This was perfect for fixing my problem! 🙂  Thank you! 🙂 

Best Answer

I'm having trouble syncing my food logs on myfitnesspal to Fitbit. This has been happening for a couple of weeks now.

Best Answer

I have a fitbit and i trying to get it to sync to my fitness pal and it won't do.can u let me how to get it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me to unsync the apps and to resync it again. I did that so many
times and it didn't work, it wouldn't unsync. But for some reason it worked
when I tried to again
Best Answer
0 Votes

What was perfect? I can't get them.to sync, what did you Do? Thanks a bunch. 

@kristilynthomas wrote:

This was perfect for fixing my problem! 🙂  Thank you! 🙂 

Best Answer