Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and MyFitnessPal not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't seem to get my fitbit app to sync up with my fitness pal. Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I have been having problems with fitbit syncing for the last week, the only way it does is to manually do it with fitbit connect, and now today it will not read from My Fitness Pal, I tried disconnecting them several times in different order but still no connect.   Is there something else I could do?

Best Answer

I just noticed the same thing. Fitbit seems to no longer be collecting data from My Fitness Pal.

Best Answer

Hi @smarks and @michaelkeith

To make sure that the connection between your Fitbit account and MFP is properly done, I recommend to unlink the accounts by login to your Dashboard > click on the gear icon in the upper right corner > select "Settings" from the drop down menu > on the left side of your screen select "Applications" > under MyFitnessPal, select "Revoke Access." This will disconnect the two accounts. 

To relink Fitbit with MFP you can click here.

I hope this gets you both back on track with MFP! 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

I'll give it a try. Thank you for the response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @michaelkeith!

Continue to do an awesome job.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @goldenrodfarm

I noticed that you are having the same issue as @michaelkeith and @smarks , so I would also like for you to try the troubleshooting steps provided to them earlier in order to fix the issue you are having with MFP.

I hope it helps you as well.

Best Answer

I have tried this several times and it has not helped. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Hi @lvt_jessi

If you have already tried the previous recommendations, you can contact MFP to make sure that their settings are also working properly. Sometimes the issue comes from their side.

Have a good one!

Best Answer

I fooled around and got the link to come back with MFP, but I still am experiencing a constant break in the syncing with my fitbit flex.  Most of the time I have to sync manually using fitbit connect which is kind of a pain when it used to sync automatically.  The error I get is that the Fitbit connect service has stopped.  Ocasionally it does sync automatically but it is when I have just logged on or when I have just been on in the last 15 to 20 minutes, but neither of these happen all the time.  I would say it fails about 80% of the time.

Best Answer

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time syncing your tracker @goldenrodfarm. Have you tried to restarting your Flex to correct this issue? Also, try the troubleshooting steps listed here. Another suggestion is to remove the tracker from the wristband and place it as close as you can to the dongle.

I hope this gets you back on track! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

My flex hasn't been working for over a month.  I have to manually fight through it, today I can't even do that.

It will sync on my PC, but I don't see the steps on MFP.

I can't even open fitbit app on my iPhone. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a terrible answer.  First all, the link "click here" just takes you to a page with lots of apps.  There are no directions on what to do next!  Then, when I click on My fitness pal, I'm back in the same loop of allowing, but nothing happens.

Best Answer

@Jeannenix Take a look at the post I have for Fitbit steps syncing to MyFitnessPal. That might help.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

I tried you steps to reconnect except when i get to the re-link page from your hyperlink there is nothing there that says that i can do to re link

@Mcore wrote:

Hi @smarks and @michaelkeith

To make sure that the connection between your Fitbit account and MFP is properly done, I recommend to unlink the accounts by login to your Dashboard > click on the gear icon in the upper right corner > select "Settings" from the drop down menu > on the left side of your screen select "Applications" > under MyFitnessPal, select "Revoke Access." This will disconnect the two accounts. 

To relink Fitbit with MFP you can click here.

I hope this gets you both back on track with MFP! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much I followed your instructions and it works!

Thanks.

Sheflash

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get MFP and Fitbit app to sync. I tried the directions given above but I don't see a gear icon or anyplace to revoke access on the Fitbit side???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know its not ideal but downloading a third app helps the cardio information from fitbit to sync with MyFitnessPal. For example, I downloaded MapMyWalk, which does sync with fitbit, and then I sync MapMyWalk with MyFitnessPal. For me, this shows the data (of calories burned and steps taken) from MapMyWalk on MyFitnessPal, which is obtained from the data on the FitBit app. Its a bit of a hassle but it works if nothing else works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also been having trouble syncing MyFitnessPal with my fitbit the last few days, shortly after a recent MFP update on Android. Have tried multiple things to reconnect but still no luck. Has anyone else run into this lately? Any suggestions?

Best Answer

I am trying your troubleshooting suggestions but am stuck because with the most recent upgrades, neither app has a gear icon. I tried on numeroys occassions to disconnect both from the MFP app and the disconnect button will not respond. It takes me back to the previous page instead of disconnecting. I jyst want them to talk with each other to i can combine me calories in with calories out to see the difference.

Best Answer