Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app stopped syncing with MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm new to the fitbit world getting a charge5 a few weeks ago.  I linked the fitbit app and myfitnesspal app so my activity tracker could update my caloric intake target for the day in myfitnesspal.  Was really cool but it stopped working a few days ago.  I can get it to update if I delete the fitbit app connection in myfitnesspal and re-add it, but then it stops again after one update from the fitbit app.

This is hugely aggravating. Of course I'm caught between fitbit and myfitnesspal who will just blame each other's apps.

This is on my Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra phone on tmobile.  Tmobile pushed a security update a few days ago, not sure if that triggered the problem.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @flipwils11 

Hopefully I can help point you in the right direction. Look here to see connection and syncing issues with Fitbit and myfitnesspal article :https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039592171-Fitbit-FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

Please let me know if this Ives you the best answer and resolves your syncing issues. 😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's an issue with the MFP app.  Their data is not syncing to the web, which is where the backend synchronization happens.  It's been down since Saturday I think and the folks at MFP are working on it.

Best Answer

Thanks all, very helpful.  It worked this morning without manual intervention by me so perhaps MFP fixed it?

Best Answer

Not for me... my web log is totally empty and my phone has food tracked in it.  Glad you're all sorted out though!

Best Answer

That’s fantastic @flipwils11  and @Flyzatronic ! I’m happy to see it’s up and running again. I hope you both have an awesome day 👋😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Flyzatronic  Apparently you and I were posting our last at the same time. Maybe trying the link I provided in my original post will help you sort it out

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I wish that would work.  Mine still isn't populating the MFP data on the web so it won't get back to Fitbit anyway.  Thanks though!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your help. 

@Flyzatronic@flipwils11 Welcome to the forums.

@flipwils11 I am glad to read that the MyFitnessPal data is already syncing. Thank for updating us. 

@Flyzatronic Thanks for the explanation. In this case, I recommend you also try the tips in the following article: How do I troubleshoot apps connected to my Fitbit account?

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Same problem. My work-around was to create a dummy cardio activity in MyFitnessPal (I called it “Fitbit”), with values of 60 minutes = 600 calories. 

I add “Fitbit” to my activity daily - and update the minutes to reflect what Fitbit tells me I’ve burned. 

Kludgy - but it takes very little time (and aggravation) to manually sync the two spatting-apps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

(MyFitnessPal is NOT syncing for all users)

Best Answer

Hello All, 

I’ve found this statement put out by MyFitnessPal. You can view it here: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/5716717249933

Best Answer