Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit don't sync with Strava, any help?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I bought the Fitbit 3 last week and I did all the recommend steps to sync it with strava. I also synced with WiFi. 

Also reconnect and connect again. Both Strava and Fitbit shows the connection on their websites.

When I do a Fitbit exercise it don't sync with Strava. I even can't import it manually because Strava shows 'the file is empty'

How cab I resolve this problem? 

If I can't sync with strava I will return the product. Thanks for helping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Is your exercises being tracked with GPS? 

If so you may have to reach out to Fitbit. You have all ready tried everything we can suggest 

Best Answer

I don't know. Because it's in the sport gym  It's just a recorded exercise 

Dammit  Why fitbit can't fix this  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what it is that your not sure of @Jstyle2 

If gps was used there will be a map displye4

Best Answer

Yes  but I so a lot of workouts ,inside the gym, who I want to sync with Strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So there is nog solution for this simple problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what issue you are referring to @Jstyle2 

Only GPS recorded exercises get ported over to Strava. 

What type of exercise so you want to import to strava? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sucks. 

Fitbit didn't sync my run eitherway. I did connect, but didn't work.

And yes, i want also upload my work-outs on strava. Because indoor is also sports. 

I will return this product and buy a Garmin.

Very bad from Fitbit, that they couldn't fit this simple problem. Just let users free free to upload any activcity from Fitbit to Strava. Why is this so difficult. **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We as Fellow fitbit users have advised all that we can advise. Unlink Strava and reconnect. If this does not work you will need to reach out to Fitbit, they will not be able to help you if you don't ask for help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jstyle2! Thanks for reaching out the Forums. I really appreciate all the steps that you've tried to sync your Fitbit Charge 3 with Strava. Thanks for your help @Rich_Laue and @LostEchoes.

Thanks for the details on your posts, I'll give you a hand to confirm why your Fitbit is not connecting with Strava. 

Please revoke the access from Strava, and reconnect both apps. You can try these steps:

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

Once you have linked both apps, do the following:

• Open the Fitbit App.
  • Tap the Charge 3 tile.
  • Tap "Apps".
  • Under "My Apps", tap the gear icon within Strava App. You will now see "Authorization State: unauthorized" and no account linked.
  • Under "Strava Login" you will see "Authorize". Tap it.
  • You will be prompted to log in to your Strava Account at Strava's webpage.
  • You will see a screen with an "Authorize" option. Tap it.
  • Wait a moment, this may take some minutes, but you should see "Authorization State: Authorized" and your Strava email address under "account". You will also see your email under "Strava Login".

This means that both apps are now connected to the Charge 3 itself. From this moment, all the connected GPS activities you track with the Charge 3 or Strava will show when you tap the Strava App within the Fitbit Charge 3.

Please consider:

• If you are tracking the run with the Charge 3 exercise app, make sure to wait until Connected GPS is actually connecting with your phone. 
  • Activities with no GPS data and duplicate activities will not sync to Strava. 
  • Once you have synced your connected GPS activities, you may still not see the activities on the Strava app within Charge 3. This happens because it takes a while (within 2 to 7 mins approx.) for the activities to be sent to the Charge 3. 
  • Check the Strava section on this article for more details.

Finally, you can check this information from Strava Support about this topic.

Let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes