Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing data and sending to linked services

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit does not appear to be updating and syncing properly in the background and isn’t sending data through to Strava or other linked services. The issue appears to have started yesterday as my exercise on Monday synced with Strava and other linked services without any issues. I went for a walk in the afternoon yesterday, but it failed to pull through to Strava. It’s also not provided an overnight update for Tuesday to a linked exercise challenge I’m taking part in (which pulls through the data from Fitbit each day at midnight) which suggests this is a Fitbit issue and not a Strava issue (I did unconnect and reconnect with Strava but this hasn’t resolved the issue). The walk and my step totals show as expected in the app and on the device so it knows I’ve done them. Can Fitbit shed any light on this please as this isn’t just an Ionic issue as my mother who has a different Fitbit model has also had the same issue overnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit should be sending data to Strava, as long as your run/Bike/walk** are recorded with GPS enabled and working. 

With other apps, fitbit never sends data, but they retrieve the data. 

Therefore if Strava is not syncing, make sure your event has been recorded with GPS 

For other apps you will need to contact them. 

** Fitbit says walks will not sync to Strava, however some users have reported that they do. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Was GPS used during the exercise. 

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution or what was causing it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit should be sending data to Strava, as long as your run/Bike/walk** are recorded with GPS enabled and working. 

With other apps, fitbit never sends data, but they retrieve the data. 

Therefore if Strava is not syncing, make sure your event has been recorded with GPS 

For other apps you will need to contact them. 

** Fitbit says walks will not sync to Strava, however some users have reported that they do. 

Best Answer
Ok cool, yeah the one I'm using is not Strava, so I'll try reloading the
app itself then. Cheers for the help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not the answer, since my activities have GPS data associated with them.

(It was also apparently posted before the question was asked...)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since May 21/2021 I've had a problem that Fitbit is no longer syncing and sending my activities to Strava.
I've done every possible troubleshooting method (revoke access, relink account, etc), with no resolve. Until now I've never had any issue, every single activity synced immediately once it was completed without issue. Customer support hasn't really been of much help to this issue.
Is Strava no longer supported with Fitbit?

Best Answer

Same problem here. Any other updates from users or updates from Fitbit? A temporary glitch or has Fitbit dropped Strava support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support has told me they have no news or update that they no longer are supporting Strava, but didn't give me any solution to the issue, so no clue what the deal is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The original issue self resolved in the end (it transpired it was a Fitbit issue as Strava confirmed it via their twitter feed).  However, like everyone else, since 21st May Fitbit isn't syncing with Strava.  I really hope they haven't stopped supporting it as that will finally push me towards a Garmin device I'm afraid.

Best Answer

I've been told by support that Fitbit no longer supports syncing to Strava and that they've been gradually removing this service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the confirmation - I'm not at all impressed that Fitbit have made that decision and not bothered to give advanced notice of the decision being made.

Best Answer

Having the same issue too. Tried everything. How come they didn't tell us and why have they stopped it?

I want my money back from Fitbit - I only bought one to use with Strava. What's the point of having one if you can't? The GPS on them is rubbish anyway so you have to have your phone. Definitely should have got a Garmin.

Best Answer

I've been having the same issues. Contacted support twice. Asked to contact Strava as the issue may be with them. Basically been told to wait for an  answer to my email from Strava as they won't do anything until they have that. 

I've suggested they look at the number of users in the community who are having the same issues and maybe contact Strava on our behalf but apparently they cannot do this until the know where the issue is? So we have to find it out and go back to them - no further help possible.

I have managed to export the files as TCX files and upload them into Strava manually, but not an option long term.

If support for Strava has stopped (I was told in chat they ARE supporting it), then a new watch will be required - the Garmin Vivoactive 4s looks good at the mo!

Best Answer

It's very strange that they told you they are supporting it but told me and others that they aren't. Sounds like there's some confusion within Fitbit as to what's going on.

Here's the quote from the chat I had earlier:

"Phebe G:As per checking, I can confirm that data from the Fitbit can no longer be able to sync with the Strava.
Phebe G:We apologize for this ordeal.
Phebe G:I can verify that Strava's partnership with Fitbit has already ended and we've been slowly removing this integration since January."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am beyond confused to be honest. I spoke with the support team earlier and they gave the distinct impression the device should still sync to strava as the only thing they'd stopped supporting was the strava app on any device directly. I directly asked about the Strava relationship and there was no mention of it ending, as they still support Strava. Who honestly knows anymore as Fitbit support are giving us all different answers. I revoked access and then reconnected but suspect it will make no difference as nothing has pulled through since. I'd just like a straight answer from Fitbit as to what is going on re Strava but I suspect a new Garmin device isn't too far off at this rate.

Best Answer

Since yesterday i cannot sync with Strava. If they really do no longer Support it, i guess i will move to Garmin as well. In the meantime i will Upload manually, Maybe there will be some third party Service avaliable to sync strava, as already available for Workouts without GPS data

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am beyond confused now too. What do they mean by the Strava app here? I have a Charge3 which doesn't have apps on it, I have Strava as an app on my phone. I did put which device I have in the chat query.

I was told:

"I can verify that Strava's partnership with Fitbit has already ended and we've been slowly removing this integration since January."

Best Answer
0 Votes

To sync you use the strava.fitbit.com page. This is still up and running. If you end a Service you would take that offline, wouldnt you? And a Partnership is not being ended slowly since january....dont know....maybe just a tech issue on the Weekend....lets keep fingers crossed....

Best Answer

I am getting a message in the strava app that Uploads from fitbit are delayed and that they are working on it....

Best Answer