Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing to MFP, Saying there is another account linked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is not syncing with Myfitnesspal. I am following all of the steps to correctly add it. I keep getting the notification that another account is linked to this device. I do not know of any other accounts. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I had this problem, it turned out that I had linked the accounts through Facebook at some time, so i had to disconnect it on Facebook and then it was fine 🙂 

Hope this helps . 

Best Answer

@alyssaprocopio @Leannebarton It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

@alyssaprocopio If both accounts are already linked then you can try logging an activity on MFP and wait around 15 minutes to see if the accounts sync the new information. If you try @Leannebartons suggestion please let me know as this could help other members. You can also go to the apps area on your Fitbit account, remove MFP from it and remove Fitbit from your MFP account and retry the linking process.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ooops duplicate post Cat Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Instead of unlinking MFP from Fitbit as described above, you could go to your MFP account and remove the rogue Fibit link. The process is the same, but done from the other direction.

MFP website
Go to the "Apps" section
Find Fitbit
Click disconnect button

Doing it this way you won't have to figure how or with what Fitbit account they are linked.

Best Answer
0 Votes