Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit has suddenly stopped syncing my runs in Strava. They are all GPS, I’ve tried unlinked the two apps and re-linking and nothing seems to work. Is anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I've had exactly the same issue since 30th July. Deleted fitbit and Strava several times and doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @LynzG. Hello @Samsie.

Thanks for trying to unlink the apps! I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

• Has this happened everyday with every run or is it intermittent?
  • Is all the information on the Strava app correct? GPS data, etc.?

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. It has happened on the last 3 occasions i today used it was from 30th July to 6th Aug. I have run today and it did manage to synch to Strava!! So looks like the issue is resolved. I'll advise if I have any  more problems
Many thanks Sam

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Same issue since last week. Only 1 of several runs have been recorded on strava. Everything  is fine on fitbit

Best Answer

Hello @Samsie. Welcome to the Forums @CMe1.

@CMe1 Let's try to disconnect the apps and then reconnect them. That should help so that the apps start syncing from now on. 

@Samsie Glad to read that everything is syncing correctly for you. Hopefully it will continue that way. Please keep me posted on how it goes.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am actually having trouble in the reverse sync.

I'm using an iPhone X with the latest version of Strava and Fitbit apps and using an Alta HR.

I record my rides and runs in Strava and they should sync back to the Fitbit app. All seemed to work find the first few times however all rides and runs in the last week are not syncing. Fitbit is recognizing an "Outdoor Ride" however I'm not getting the Strava details through like I was initially.

I've tried de-authorizing the data sync and re-configured this and this hasn't fixed the sync. I'm going to de-authorize and reconnect once more and see what happens on my ride home tonight but wondering if I'm missing anything on this.

Cheers,
Ryan

Best Answer

Hello @RyanBrown.

Thanks for bringing this up, that sounds quite odd.

Maybe it has something to do with being on the latest version of the apps. You can read more about the latest version for iPhone in here. Please verify that you are on the latest version of Strava and if not, update. After updating both apps please disconnect them and connect them again and give it another shot.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @LanuzaFitbit,

Here's the process I've gone through yesterday

• Checked both versions of the apps are the latest available from the app store
  • Removed the authorization both from Fitbit and from Strava apps
  • Force closed both applications
  • Re-authorized the data sync between apps
  • Started a ride in Strava on the way home

Unfortunately these rides are still not rolling in to the Fitbit app as they were initially. I'm still getting the auto-recognized activity in Fitbit and I end up manually changing the details.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RyanBrown.

Thanks for sharing all of that.

I'll be passing this on to the rest of the team. In the meantime I'd recommend that you try getting in touch with Strava, perhaps something is going on on their end.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes