Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit GPS runs aren't loading to Strave.

I've tried Disconnecting and re-connection through Strava but this doesn't work.

The Strava app doesn't come up in my fitbit settings under 3rd party apps. But Strava says they're connected.

Any ideas?

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Hayley93.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

Please check if Strava shows up in the list of third party apps connected to your Fitbit account here. If it's not there, please connect your two accounts by following these instructions.

If you continue having difficulties, please try to revoke access from your Strava account and try once again to connect them by following the instructions shared above.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Should the runs I track on my Fitbit automatically be showing to Strava? Because they still aren’t. Thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @Hayley93.

Some of your activities should automatically show up to Strava, however the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities
  • Previous activities that weren’t tracked by Strava.
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

For more information about what data is transferred between Fitbit and Strava, please visit this post.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

Hey I've been having the same issue for about 2 weeks. I've got a fitbt charge 3. I've revoked access and connected it again though still data won't load.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @aashay.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide the following information:

- Are you registering your activities with GPS?

- Do you see the map on your Fitbit account?

- What type of activities do you usually perform?

- Were you able to sync those activities to Strava before?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa 2 and my 3 weekly runs have been happily syncing with Strava until the end of May. I would like some help on this too please.

Answers to above questions 

GPS - yes

Activities - running

Was able to sync before

re mapping - not sure where to find this - please kindly advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

@llassahred if you open the activity in your Fitbit app log, do you see the map with the route of your run. If not, then it means the GPS never connected (despite being enabled) and such run won't sync. To be more precise, it's not that the GPS-only activities can be sync but the GPS must connect to provide any data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarification on that t.parker - it's much appreciated. I hadn't noticed that there was no map on the unsynced runs (and also on some hikes I did recently too, which tbf were probably out of signal as they were remote and high). 

Clearly the connection to GPS didn't happen, in fact I reset the feature yesterday and then recorded my run this morning on my fitbit and on strava and it's recorded the run twice!

I'll keep an eye on that though - really appreciate the answer to my puzzle!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have been having the same problem. All my previous runs have uploaded to Strava and I've been doing the same routes. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times with no luck. According to Strava, it is still linked to Fitbit app. The runs on Fitbit are still coming up with the map but still not syncing to Strava. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I've given up - I spent 3 billion hours on a Fitbit helpline to be told they don't have a link with Strava anymore. My husband's still did sync, so I asked why that was to be told his would stop soon too. His is sporadic.

Just using my phone for runs now and will ditch Fitbit for good and look at Garmin at some point.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Thank you! Such a shame!! It was such a good feature 

Best Answer

Thank you for this info! I've also spent a billion hours disconnecting and reconnecting strava and still does not work. I can't believe that Fitbit would discontinue this incredibly useful connection, and I'm furious they would keep that fact a secret from all of us. The forums are full of people who are still being told to disconnect and reconnect. What a terrible way to treat your customers. 

Best Answer

Hello! I’m having the same issue!

my runs stopped syncing since the 7th of November.

the runs show up with the map, gps etc on the fitbit app. I have tried disallowing access from both sides, turning my phone off and off, dis and reconnecting my Fitbit etc etc. 
I would love your advice. I’m using the Fitbit charge 2 together with iPhone SE

And yes, they were syncing fine before and my activity is running. 

Same here! Did you find a solution? 

Moderator Edit: Merge replies 

Best Answer

I have not found a solution, and I don't think there is one. Apparently Fitbit decided not to let us sync to Strava anymore. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! That sucks! So weird!I love using strava for the social element... I wonder why they discontinued the sync... Thanks for your reply though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amarguerite I don't believe they discontinue it. It still worka for me with no issues. Mind thay customer support will start making things up when they go off-script. Simply, for some people Strava support is apparently broken but probably not enough people to care to investigate it.

Best Answer

Oh thanks for your reply! I will look into it some more then. It's so silly... why would they discontinue it when it was a great feature?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi t.parker - would you mind telling us exactly what you do to get Fitbit to sync your activities to Strava? It stopped working for so many of us, and one commenter says they were told by customer support that Fitbit is going to eventually discontinue the feature for everyone... But it's hard to know what is happening since they don't seem to comment here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HannahWincester nothing. I linked it on May 30 last year and it has just worked since. I just spoke with customer support but chat assigned me some dummy who probably didn't know where he was. He was mixing up two things - Strava watch app (which has been discontinued long time ago) and Strava link. I believe the rumor about discontinuing Strava support comes from that side. Customer support person thought about the Strava watch app which once was supported and has been discontinued.

Edit: I'm going to deactivate link with Strava and reconnect again. I will let you know what the outcome is (if I lost Strava sync completely or it still works).

Best Answer