Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing with Walgreens

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any using the fitbit to get points at Walgreens. I am having trouble trying to sync with the Walgreens dashboard.

Help please?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

@mcdough Can you try going to the Online Dashboard and click on "settings" (under the gear icon on the top right corner). On the left column, search for "Applications". If you see Walgreens; that is the reason why its not letting you. If that's the case, revoke the access to it and link it again. I know you stated that you already did that, but try it again as it might be a server problem. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I’ve already tried that – several times. Just now – nothing is listed (no apps have FitBit permission). So I tried again to link Walgreens – no luck. Same error message. Yes, I have cleared my browser history and restarted my computer. Any other ideas?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

That link only goes to a page full of apps.  Where is the article/directions on how to link FitBit to Walgreens?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcmunnd Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Follow the next steps to link the Walgreens app with the Fitbit app:

1. Click on "Devices" on your Steps Dashboard.
  2. Choose which Fitbit you have. 
  3. Give Walgreens permission to your Fitbit account. This is needed to pull your step count throughout the day without you having to manually enter it.
  4. Make sure your device syncs with your Fitbit account daily. When synced, the data is passed to Steps with Balance Rewards. It may take up to an hour to show in your Steps account.
  5. Every night, an automated process will add your Balance Points to your account for the previous day’s activities.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Walgreen's does not have the option to sync my Alta. I was able to sync myfitnesspal, which is synced to my Alta.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep having a connection error when trying to sync fitbit with my walgreens app. Every time I try reconnecting I keeps having issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gabby4h Welcome to the Fitbit family! Are you getting any error messages?

I recommend trying the following:

• Revoke the access from Walgreens on your Fitbit account.
  • Re-link both apps.
  • Try to sync them again.

This should help you out!

Try it out and let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

I looked at your "article" link and just see a list of compatible apps and nothing of any help?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have downloaded the Walgreens app on my phone via my FitBit's compatible apps page and went through the permissions in order to sync the app to my Fitbit, but whatever I do, it isn't syncing despite the permissions. I decided to Google how to sync the app and got this:

"How to link fitbit to Walgreens app?
A: Log in to Walgreens.com/healthychoices and follow the steps below: Log in to Walgreens.com/healthychoices and follow the steps below: 1. On the Balance Rewards for healthy choices dashboard, click on the WebMD tab, then click the Manage My Goals button to view available goals and set one or more goals."

Well, I tried this and seemed to have a bait and switch pulled on me. I was forced to make a Walgreens pharmacy account instead?! I am VERY unhappy with the run around I seem to be having with this app!

Well, I decided to try the pharmacy account stuff and now I have to wait for however long they decide to check my information before I can even sync Fitbit... what a joke!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MillerPennzoil2 Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! On the article you can click on "Walgreens Balance" and then on "Learn More" and you will get to this page where you can link them.

The easier way to get the steps on how to link them is by checking this post. Please follow those steps to link Walgreens with Fitbit.

Also, if you already have them linked but not connecting; the best thing to do in this case is to follow the workaround on this post. That is the best way to get Walgreens and Fitbit to sync if you are experiencing any issues with that.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer

I went through FitBit's compatible apps page and that's how I got started. It tells me that I am synced, but I still have to manually enter my activities. Also, I checked that page and I do NOT see my Fitbit. I have a Fitbit Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MillerPennzoil2 Thanks for your reply! Please follow these steps to connect both apps:

1. Click on "Devices" on your Steps Dashboard.
  2. Choose which Fitbit you have. 
  3. Give Walgreens permission to your Fitbit account. This is needed to pull your step count throughout the day without you having to manually enter it.
  4. Make sure your device syncs with your Fitbit account daily. When synced, the data is passed to Steps with Balance Rewards. It may take up to an hour to show in your Steps account.
  5. Every night, an automated process will add your Balance Points to your account for the previous day’s activities.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

There is no article at this link, there is only a page of Fitbit compatible apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have any idea why it is compatible with all Fitbitbits except for the Fitbit Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@utalice I hope you're doing well! Please check the steps I left on this post to get them linked together. That should certainly help you out!

@AmandaDavis Welcome to the Fitbit family! It should be compatible with any Fitbit tracker, I believe. Where did you find that information? 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your solution doesn't help at all.

Best Answer

WHAT instruction??!!

Best Answer

This seems to happen every time they update the Walgreens app. I contacted Walgreens and they hung up on m . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help link provided above is no help because it just sends you back to a place for downloading the Walgreen App! I’ve been using Walgreen’s App on my iPhone 6 for 8 years. I’ve tried numerous times to get the Walgreen’s App to connect with my Fitbit account to no avail. Walgreen’s sends me to Fitbit login screen but the “activity” indicator grinds away and login page is ghosted. It stays like this until I close the Walgreen’s App. It’s obvious that Walgreen’s App cannot successfully connect to Fitbit’s website. Walgreen’s, of course, provides no advice—both companies just point at each other. It would help if both companies would remove their claims of inter-connectivity.

Best Answer

Today is February 6, 2020, my father's birthday.  He would be 109 if he hadn't died at age 94.  So would Ronald Reagan.   I digress...  After a half-hour of frustrating "Chatting" with Walgreens, I was told they don't track info from my Fitbit Versa.  They now use "Challenges" and every week I have to check in and record my weekly progress before 11:59 pm Sunday.  So much for automated and Walgreens Rewards.  I don't need another deadline.

Best Answer