Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit requires manual syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why all of a sudden I need to open my Fitbit app on my phone to get my data sent to strava when I do a run when I never had to beforehand 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello there @Kellylegs, nice to see you as a new member of the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering if your data is automatically syncing in your Fitbit account or as Strava, only syncs after you have opened the app?

Depending your phone, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

Note that is normal the data may take a few minutes to be share with Strava while its compile, however the syncs between the two account should occurred automatically.

If the issue persist, try to reset your phone and review if Strava and the Fitbit app are updated to the most recent version. (The version of the Fitbit app may depend of the platform of OS you are using, for more details please review What's changed in the latest release of the Fitbit app?)

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t find the always connected part in the Fitbit app any advice to find it please

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kellylegs, good to see you again! This option is available right in the settings of your Fitbit app located under your tracker's tile.

Access to your account tabrtaImage.png. From there tap your tracker's tile and you will access to the tracker' settings. Scroll down to the bottom of this section and the option to turn On and Off Always connected will be there.  Just keep in mind this will drain faster the battery of your tracker and your phone and it might not have a direct impact on the Strava integration, however it is worth to try. If the issue continue you can disable this option to save more battery.

Screenshot_20180319-101127.jpg

Stay tuned if you have other questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unless I’m lost it’s not there sorry all I have is all day sync

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Kellylegs, I see you are not able to find this option and I just realized you are writing from an iPhone. Which I assume is the mobile device that you are using to sync between Strava and Fitbit. My sincere apologies if this was confusing. So in this case the option you will see is "All-Day Sync" instead of "Always Connected".

If the issues continues and you have All-Day Sync already turn On, try to reset the integration.

1. Log in to your fitbit.com dashboard
  2. Click the gear icon on the top right corner
  3. Click "Settings"
  4. Click "Applications" on the left side
  5. Click "Revoke Access" under the "Fitbit + Strava" app
  6. Go to https://strava.fitbit.com/ and click "Connect" and follow the rest of the prompts to finish reconnecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes