Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit runs don't sync with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I am tracking my bike rides with my Fitbit (Charge 2 + phone for GPS) and have my account connected to Strava. My bike exercise is always perfectly synced to Strava. However, I recently started running (tracking with Fitbit) and noticed that my runs are not synced to Strava (bike still works). Does anyone know how it can be that my biking excercise is syncing but my runs are not? Both kinds of excercise appear in the Fitbit dashboard, but only the biking does in Strava.

Thanks a lot!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

It's nice to see you around the forums @Sebastiaan1991! Hmmm... this is very weird. Robot Frustrated Note the following:

• Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava
  • Manually logged activities in Strava will NOT sync over, it needs to be a recorded activity (i.e. pressing the record button in the app)
  • Only GPS recorded activities from Fitbit will sync to Strava
  • Heart rate data needs to be synced before ending a GPS activity for it to send to Strava 

Are you tracking both activities in the same way? Have you made sure about what I shared above?

I'll be around, keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Both are connected but aren’t syncing? Can anybody help me x

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Charliepaige09 have you looked at @MarreFitbit's post sbove? 

Are you manually starting your exercise and have a map of the event in the Fitbit logs? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hiya, it all shows up on Fitbit but then doesn’t connect to strava at all

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes