Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit should sync with Livestrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please make fitbit sync with the Livestrong app.  I have used Livestrong for 6 years.  It is very frustrating that I cannot get my activities to track on Livestrong.  Can you fix that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @jpc02043, your question is beyond the scope of the comunity of Fitbit users that post here to "fix".

Fitbit does not force any third party to connect, and is unable to do this. Fitbit has an open API which allows third parties to access a Fitbit users data. My suggestion is to approach Livestrong, maybe if enough users want this feature they will add it. This needs to be done by them, not Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @jpc02043, your question is beyond the scope of the comunity of Fitbit users that post here to "fix".

Fitbit does not force any third party to connect, and is unable to do this. Fitbit has an open API which allows third parties to access a Fitbit users data. My suggestion is to approach Livestrong, maybe if enough users want this feature they will add it. This needs to be done by them, not Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t like that it is marked as “solved” when in fact it is not. Just because the developers at FitBit don’t want to build in connectivity doesn’t mean that the problem is “solved.” It means that they are lazy. 

Best Answer

Well @AaronBrand19 as mentioned in the solution. Fitbit does not build a connection to third party apps, but invites them to use the Fitbit API and build let's them build the connection. 

This really is very easy for a third party like Livestrong to do and their are apps that Fitbit doesn't even know that can have access to a users data. 

In short this link up will need to be done by Livestrong, Fitbit has already provided the tools. 

Since this post is about third party apps and not about a Charge 2 hardware problem. I'll move the post to app connection board but really since it is a suggestion it should be in the feature suggestion board. 

Best Answer
That’s my point. I don’t want to give access to my data to some third party. I want Fitbit to make the program work with another (trusted) app so that it is available. You’re going in circles and not solving the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Some third parties don't take any data from Fitbit but only send data. 

Considering that the request is to have Fitbit data sent to LiveStrong, maybe this is the wrong thread. 

For the above request to happen, Livestrong would need to set it up. 

However if Fitbit set it up, they could, and probably would send data to them anyway. 

This is what happens wig Strava, since what Strava wants is not availible through the API. 

Best Answer
0 Votes