Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit vs Fitbod

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use my Fitbit versa 3. And the Fitbod app. I notice it’s duplicating entries for the same workout. Fitbod is sharing the workout to Fitbit and Fitbit is logging my workout from the watch. How do I avoid double entry? And there is a significant difference in calories burned between the logs which one would be most accurate Fitbit? Or Fitbod?  I know I can turn off synching Fitbod but if it’s more accurate I’d rather use it for the workout log then fit bit which shows less calories burned.  Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@searching578 it sounds like you already know you're answer. 

You say that you use two apps to log one activity, then when the two apps merge, you have two listings. 

The answer is to only use one app. 

If you choose Fitbod then you may want to turn off the auto detection of this workout type in Fitbit. 

Note, steps from Fitbod will not be added to any challenges. 

As for calories, you say that there is a difference, without mentioning anything about this difference. 

Fitbit includes all calories including your BMR. 

The more accurate the height, weight, age, gender, etc is set for, in theory the closer the calorie count will be. 

Also each company uses their own methods to calculate calories. Does Fitbod look at your heart rate, or know about how fit that you are? 

I've also moved this thread to the Third Party Integrations. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Also each company uses their own methods to calculate calories. Does Fitbod look at your heart rate, know about how fit that you are? 

It does not. Fitbod doesn't (can't?) import your HR data from Fitbit. 

I track the actual activity on my Fitbit as 'Weights' and just use Fitbod to guide my workouts and log the weight/reps/etc. Fitbit will be better at tracking calories, anyway.

Best Answer
Fitbit would register say 100 calories burned while Fitbod would say 350. There’s a significant difference .. Fit bod uses weight height age to calculate as well. And it filters heart rate I believe from fit bit. But which is more accurate ? That’s my question ? Cause if the big difference I don’t want to be loggin more calories burnt then I actually am as it affects what I can consume. I have turned off one but not helpful if the calorie burnt count is way off ! Very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that they can't import heart rate @mikey_pdx at best, they can only import the calories. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbod only estimates based on the factors it knows about: 

https://fitbod.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004826434-How-Fitbod-Calculates-Calories-Burned 

"Fitbod calculates calories burned based on the volume of weight lifted during a workout and the duration of the workout. Additionally, Fitbod uses your Weight, Height, Gender, and Age to further refine and improve the calories burned estimation. For iOS users, if you're using an Apple Watch as well, Fitbod will read in heart rate to factor into the calorie calculation."

I consistently burn about 100-150 calories more according to Fitbit than Fitbod; I've been using Fitbod for months and have never seen Fitbod estimate more compared to what I get from my Fitbit (or the Garmin I had prior). Since my Fitbit is reading HR data, I'm going to assume that's a more accurate accounting of my effort.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which is more accurate? Both use their own calculations. Fitbit also factors in the heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes