Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body Trace Scale

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the Body Trace Scale.  It has the ability to sync with an app that I used through a program called Newtopia which does online coaching about losing weight and making healthy lifestyle choices.  Anyway they provided me the Body Trace Scale.  I would like the Body Trace Scale to be able to sync with the Fitbit charge 2 device, app and online dashboard.  Then my weight would sync directly instead of manually adding it every time.  Suggestions!

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

My first thought is to do a search for the terms Bodytrace and Fitbit

My seconf thought would brle to ask Bodytrace if they would connect up to Fitbit. Fitbit provides everything that they would need.

Third thouhht would be to see if IFTTT syncs to Bodytrace, if they dont then ask them. They are trying to set up a site that will sync juat abiut any thing to anything.

Best Answer

Any luck with this? I wonder what would happen after you stop the health program

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea, have you asked Bodytrace?

They would be the party that would set-up this link .

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @beth_cing. Hello @Rich_Laue.

Like @Rich_Laue mentioned, it would be up to Bodytrace to develop such a connection. After doing a quick search I couldn't find anything about such a connection existing so definitely reach out to them about it.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks all for the reply. I reached out to Bodytrace and they said the scale will only work with its intended program. 

I think if you quit the program, they will stop the GSM cellular subscription. The monthly subscription fee is $10? So not sure anyone would want to pay those just for the convenience of having the weight automatically logged

Best Answer

Hello @beth_cing.

Thanks for the update, makes sense.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use a free app called "Lark" that syncs my Body Trace scale via Bluetoothas well as syncs to my Fitbit... both devices were actually supplied to me from the app for free...  they ask you question about your health insurance and somehow if you qualify... it is all free... the program is a VR life coach that you interact with daily...  give it a try... 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Ramjet_Jr.

Thanks for taking the time to share what worked for you! I'm sure that other users will find it useful! 

As mentioned above, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just dl'd Lark.  It appears to require a paid subscription to log food or weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Im confused then, I've been using Lark since the beginning of this summer
and haven't paid a dime. My insurance company (BCBS) sent me an invite to
download the Lark App. After answering some qualifying questions, they
sent me the Fitbit Flex 2 for free, with the option of upgrading to one of
the other wristbands for a fee. I went with the Flex 2. About two months
of interacting with the AI health coach, they sent me the body trace scale
for free. It auto updates my weight on the app everytime I step on the
scale as well as push notify me to record my meals and snacks. It really
is a cool App, but I'm not sure why its free to me yet charges others. It
does ask me every once in awhile to share the app with others.
Best Answer

Hello @Ramjet_Jr and @Jetpower.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts on the matter.

Please do keep in mind that this a help board for Fitbit. Asking for help regarding any other devices can be considered off-topic as per our Community Guidelines. I'd recommend that any issues you have regarding third-party products be taken directly to the manufacturer so that they can provide you with the proper troubleshooting steps and assistance.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for providing rhat helpful background, indicating that the "It's free" trigger is backed by a program (which, in turn, bills the health insurer as a claim on the user's behalf).  

Going back to the O.P. subject, $10 a month does seem high for automatically logging weight. However, $3 a month might be more attractive and may work over the long-term both for the developer and for customers.

On an ancillary note, I stuck with the Flex 2 bc it's relasonably waterproof, and was surprised and disappointed to find that the waterproof model doesn't include relevant features such as heart rate monitoring.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jetpower.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback on the matter.

In regards to the Flex 2, we do have other swimproof devices that do have HR tracking, like the Versa or the Ionic. Even the upcoming Charge 3. Maybe you could find one of those to pique your interest.

Feel free to reach out if there is anything I can help out with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ramjet_Jr So does your weight automatically load to your Fitbit app or only your Lark app with the scale that Lark provided?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No it does not load automatically. I wish the Body Trace Scale was compatible with Fitbit. I think Fitbit wants you to use their scale.
Best Answer

I was hoping they would link it too  That stinks  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it depends on your insurance company 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. 

If you have the time, maybe you could post about the Body Trace scale in our Feature Suggestions board. That way, other users could comment and vote on the idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ if you have any questions on the way that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on a similar program (I think it was a diabetes prevention program), and so was someone else I know. Both of our programs ran out after a year. We both ended up on weight monitoring/reduction programs. I got a Fitbit Flex2 and my friend got an earlier Fitbit and a BodyTrace scale.

Both the Fitbits and the scale still work. The Fitbits work through their app, but the scale only works through the scale app, which costs now that the 1 year program is over.

I'm guessing your scale will stop sending in info after a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes