Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaining weight & MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my FitBit Alta yesterday. I use MyFitnessPal to track my calories. I'm 5'8" and 119 pounds, so I'm working on gaining weight. To my understanding, FitBit only works with maintaining weight, not gaining weight, is this correct? I tried to sync these two apps together, but I'm running into some problems. In MFP, my goal daily caloric intake is 2210 (I don't expect to hit that every day, but if I was to gain 1 pound a week, thats what I would need to eat according to the app). However in the fitbit app, it shows my daily caloric goal is 1565 so yesterday when I was close to my MFP goal, it says I went WAY over my goal in the FitBit app. I also can't get the water I have entered in MFP to sync into fitbit. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @TamagotchiThief

Have moved this thread from the Alta to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

-

As for the food plan, when setting up a food plan on fitbit, it's possible to choose between wanting to lower weight, maintain weight or gain weight.

From the Article

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. At the top, click Log and then click Food.
  3. Click the Get Started button in the Food Plan section.
  4. Enter your starting weight, your target weight, and your plan intensity when prompted. Depending on the intensity you choose, you'll see the estimated date for reaching your goal.
  5. If you want to edit the intensity later, click the gear icon on the Calories In vs Out tile and click the pencil icon next to Plan Intensity. From here you can also change your goal weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes