Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sync data between Moto Body and Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Moto Body a couple days ago announced data sharing with third party apps such as Fitbit, Strava, Google Fit, etc.  I've authorized Moto Body to partner with Fitbit.

How do I sync the data between Moto Body and FItbit?  Also, does this mean Fitbit's data will transfer over to Moto Body or is it only from Moto Body into Fitbit?

Very confusing - Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Raised a case with MOTOROLA and been said the data sync will happen ONLY for MOTO 360 version despite the data is shown on the mobile/android device.

Anyone with MOTO SPORT, try contacting Motorola for support on twitter.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
35 REPLIES 35

Hi there @Fzara2000. Welcome to the Community!

This is a very interesting question. I just did some research and yes, it seems that on Dec 1st, Motorola announced an integration with third party apps including Fitbit. (you or anyone who is interested in it, can see it by clicking here

From what I see there, it says the following:

"Moto Body records your workout data and syncs with these apps, so your exercise history is always up to date."

This means that it will be only in one direction (from Moto Body to fitbit) and will only apply for workouts/activities and once transferred, they will appear in your activity log page.

Hope this answers your question and if you need more help, let me know! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ferdin - Moto Body is paired with Fitbit, and Moto Body is authorized in Fitbit.  Still, no workouts or activities show up in the Fitbit interface.

Whats interesting - when going into Moto Body->Settings->Data Sharing, I am signed into and have paired Fitbit, MapmyRun, and Google Fit.  Only Google Fit says "Last Updated an hour ago".  The other services do not show any updates.  Its possible we need to wait for another update to Moto Body. 

In the future, all of these fitness providers/devs need to collaborate better and create a way to allow better cross-device syncing.  It's such a fragmented market because devices and user interfaces aren't able to talk to each other to share fitness data. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Fzara2000! I couldn't agree more with you in the part of collaborating for data sharing amongst providers and developers.

As you say, I also think we'll have to wait a while to get more news from Moto Body or you can also try to reach out to them directly to hear what they have to say about this.

Anything else, I'm here to help so just let me know! 🙂

Best Answer
I just got a new device and am using Moto Body as well, but my step and heat rate info isn't transferring to FitBit. Can you help?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think we have to wait for an update to Motorola Body.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in same position as OP. I can see MOTO BODY updated just less than 10 minutes ago to Google Fit but not to FIT BIT.

Who is not doing the work MotoBody or Fitbit ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you here!

In this situation, it's Motorola who works out the integration with Fitbit. I'd recommend getting in touch with their Support Team for any technical assistance for info to Sync to Fitbit.

Anything else, I'm here to help! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FerdinandFitbit - I'm sure you should be able to check if you receive ANY data from Motorola at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not getting any step data or heart rate nor do I have those sections
visible on the dashboard. I do not use a FitBit device now, but a Moto 360
sport through Moto Body.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Elvis31tx @Gnans. I don't really use a Moto Body myself but according to what I see in their blog, you should be able to record workouts and Moto Body will transfer that to Fitbit. This means that your workouts should appear on your activity log page. Normally, activities transfered from third party apps as in this case will only carry over steps (for some apps, you might want to confirm this with Motorola), distance, calories and duration. Heart Rate will not show up on Fitbit unless you're tracking it with a Fitbit Device.

Best Answer

Raised a case with MOTOROLA and been said the data sync will happen ONLY for MOTO 360 version despite the data is shown on the mobile/android device.

Anyone with MOTO SPORT, try contacting Motorola for support on twitter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gnans. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and for taking the time to create the case with them. Many users will thank you for sure!

Best Answer
0 Votes

here's a temporary solution that you might find helpful: http://googlefeedbit.habite.la/

you can manually transfer google fit steps to fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hey there @redwagon. Welcome to the Community and thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the runaround from Motorola.  They say talk to Fitbit and Fitbit says talk with Motorola.  Fun stuff.  All this so I can get credit for steps from Humanna Vitality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am getting the same runaround. No can tell me how to get my steps from
Moto Body to FitBit, or if this is even a possibility. I am also using it
for Vitality, but I can use MapMyFitness for workouts and get points. It
doesn't count towards steps, but all isn't lost. If I can't get an answer
for someone reusing this issue, I will just delete FitBit.
Best Answer
This is great. Manual but gets the job done. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to clarify, does this mean that it SHOULD work for a MOTO 360 Moto body app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this and received random data that isn't mine. It doesn't match any of my google fit numbers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes