Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sync data between Moto Body and Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Moto Body a couple days ago announced data sharing with third party apps such as Fitbit, Strava, Google Fit, etc.  I've authorized Moto Body to partner with Fitbit.

How do I sync the data between Moto Body and FItbit?  Also, does this mean Fitbit's data will transfer over to Moto Body or is it only from Moto Body into Fitbit?

Very confusing - Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

What does this mean? Are you saying that the Moto 360 needs to have wifi turned on so it can sync the data to fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rachyalexis wrote:

Just to clarify, does this mean that it SHOULD work for a MOTO 360 Moto body app?

@Rachyalexis

Nope, I was told that it will work only for MOTO SPORT version by motorola on the ticket I raised with them.

Best Answer

@Gnans

Everyone doesn't seem to know what's going on because I raised a ticket with them too and the girl told me that it should technically work if I have the Moto body app

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rachyalexis wrote:

@Gnans

Everyone doesn't seem to know what's going on because I raised a ticket with them too and the girl told me that it should technically work if I have the Moto body app

@Rachyalexis - Could be. If I raise another ticket I might get another answer as well. I have provided my watch reference number so they could find out model, etc.

I only can live in a hope that one day the data integration will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recent chat with Motorola.  This is just plain sad.  A feature that doesn't work.  Fitbit?  Any response to this hand-off?

• Roderyk: Hi, my name is Roderyk. How may I help you?
    Roderyk: Good Evening, thank you for contacting Motorola US Tech Support, How are you doing today? 🙂
    Jason: Good, thank you. Looking to get some answers on syncing with Fitbit.
    Roderyk: I'm sincerely apologize for the inconvenience; I'll do my best to assist you on this. To help you better would you please help me confirm your full name, email, contact phone#, and the country location where was purchased from?
    Jason: full name
    Jason: *******
    Jason: *****
    Jason: USA
    Roderyk: Thank you, may I know the Serial number of the watch ?
    Roderyk: You can get it from settings + about watch .
    Jason: ******
    Roderyk: Please tell me what is your concern .
    Jason: Was wondering if there is a specific time of day that Moto body syncs with Fitibit
    Jason: because it hasn't yet
    Roderyk: I'm afraid we don't have that information since Fitbit is another platform and we don't have access to it , but you can chat with them here i the following link :  http://help.fitbit.com/apex/PreChat3?chatType=support
    Jason: Since it's Motobody writing too Fitbit it's really a Moto thing.  Many people on the fitbit forums say nobody is taking responsibility for the syncing
    Jason: Fitbit says it's Moto's issue
    Jason: and Moto says it's Fitbit's issue
    Jason: I'm a recent transfer
    Jason: I signed up for moto360 because of this "feature"
    Jason: I was directed here from twitter.
    Jason: a guy had the same issue
    Roderyk: I am really sorry, we do not have any specific information on when this will be compatible.
    Roderyk: Sorry
    Jason: so it's feature that doesn't work?
    Roderyk: By now there is no information yet about this
    Roderyk: Sorry.
    Jason: can you tell me if anyone is looking into it?  or does it matter?
    Roderyk: I would recommend you to contact fitbit regarding this.
Best Answer

I contacted Motorola about this as well and their support directed me to email their play store app team ((playstor@motorola.com)and no the e is not supposed to be there).......to which I have not received any kind of response other than the auto generated email they send.  Maybe hitting them with some more emails about this issue might get their attention?  Worth a shot if nothing else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Ferdin, the "solution" to this issue is not a solution.  it should not be marked as a solution.  Gives false hope/data.

Best Answer

It is very clear to me that Fitbit locks out updates if you haven't synced your fitbit device recently.  I stopped wearing mine because I can't stand wearing my Moto 360 and my fitbit flex at the same time and it even blocks me from entering steps manually now.  Fitbit (even though my account clearly synced 3 devices over the years) doesn't care that you've already purchased their product; they want you to continue wearing it as advertisement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Motobody has only one activity in the watch Motobody / Run / Indoors / Time,distance etc.,

If you start this activity, then the Motobody lists this activity in the Phone as Run with the all the details.

This data (like distance, steps, activity duration, calories) get updataed automatically in the Fitbit application if if you have authorised.

The other data like steps, heart activity, heart beat records do not get updated automatically in fitbit. Indirectly, you can add manually activity duration and distance to match steps count in Motorala dashbord in fitbit

I want try out Motobody ---> Google fit ---> Fitbit to get all data in fitbit

@Gnans wrote:

Raised a case with MOTOROLA and been said the data sync will happen ONLY for MOTO 360 version despite the data is shown on the mobile/android device.

Anyone with MOTO SPORT, try contacting Motorola for support on twitter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I can get the data to sync, the thing is, Fitbit will NOT allow it to update to your total steps/comparison with friends.  They told me that this is a built-in function that requires you to only use your Fitbit device when competing with your friends.  

Bottom line is, it does sync, but you have to go look for your records on Fitbit and your total weekly steps and friends will never see them and you can't compare them to your friends on your dashboard.  This is from Fitbit support.

Best Answer

I can confirm that this is the case.

I use FitnessSyncer (great site btw) to sync my Google Fit steps to Fitbit. I have a Fitbit account, but haven't worn a Fitbit device in many months. I have my phone and android wear device syncing steps to Google Fit.

FitnessSyncer does a nightly sync pushing my Google Fit data into my Fitbit account. The steps show up in Fitbit under https://www.fitbit.com/activities, but no step information appears on my dashboard (neither in the website nor the app) and it does not show my steps relative to my friends. 

It appears that your step information do get to Fitbit, but you can't view those steps in the Dashboard or compare with friends. You need an actual Fitbit device to do that.

Might be possible to simply sync a Fitbit that you don't really wear, to trick the site into thinking you're using it. Then it might just "turn on" the full step tracking info and use the steps that were logged via Google Fit/Moto Body.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that.  Doesn't work.  Will only report steps directly from a Fitbit against your friends.  I synced my Flex and tried and only the few steps on my Flex went up against my friends and not the thousands on my watch.

Best Answer
Well that stinks. When you're a market leader you don't have to worry about having an open platform do you? 😕
Best Answer

Thank you kindly for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is super discouraging. I switched form Nike Fuel Band because the Fitbit seemed more friendly for sharing, turns out this is not the case. I lost yet another fitbit and was hoping to use my moto 360 for a while to keep up my steps while I decided what to do about getting a new one.

Maybe it's time to just switch to Google fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, there's not much social sharing.  Any of the apps are great if you're doing it to track your own progress, but it takes out some of the gamification of the steps when  you don't have a running leaderboard.  I eventually got over it and just use MotoBody (I love their weekly summary email).

Best Answer
0 Votes