Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Fit Integration and data sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few months ago I had purchased a charge 2, before hand I used Google Fit for about a  year. I'd like to see me be able to sync my data between the two apps. I checked for other posts in the suggestions community about this and the last one was from 2014. It is understandable why they couldn't do it then because Google Fit was relatively new, but now that both apps are well seasoned I think it is time they get integration with one and another.

I'm sure me and many other users will get great use out of these apps being able to communicate.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to integrate with Google Fit. For more information, please visit this post.

I am going to close this thread because it's too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Myself, my wife & 2 kids would like this too, so that's 4 votes here.

OP, please note "Google Health" hasn't been around for 6 years, the newest version (with APIs) is called "Google Fit".

Best Answer

This is sorely lacking and a pretty standard feature in most fitness apps today. One can import some FitBit data into Fit using MyFitnessPal I have found, however native integration would be much preferred. 

Best Answer

We can vote all we want, FitBit couldn't care less about what users are requesting. Integration and sync with other platforms such as Google Fit have been requested more than 2 years ago and FitBit has done the same thing it does for every feature requested by users: nothing. this is exactly why I'm getting rid of my FitBit Alta. I have moved on to Samsung a few days ago and I'm much happier.

Best Answer

It should be embarrassing for fitbit don't have the integration with Google fit, more than 3000 votes, more than 900 comments, more than 2 years asking for it. 

As far as I can see they don't care about what people are commenting. 

I saw the answer to the other forum "not currently planned".. shame! 

Hiw hard it can be that simple integration.. 

Sincerely I don't think we are asking so much. 

Best Answer

It is pretty simple really - if Fitbit allowed people to export their data, then people could leave Fitbit entirely as a service.  By holding our data captive, we are forced to stay on their platform or else we lose years of data.  When Fitbit started, they didn't have a ton of competition...but these days everyone's smartphones is a fitness tracker and there are dozens of competitors.  So the long story short is that Fitbit is ignoring the desire of its customers to export in order to save itself.

Best Answer

"Fitbit is ignoring the desire of its customers" - yes, exactly. I've been a fitbit user for 1 and a half years (but I'm done now!). During that time frame they never cared about any request, bug report or suggestion that I've sent them. All they care about is to sell you the tracker and from that point on you're on your own. They'll implement what they want, not what users want. And they don't bother to fix bugs. Firmware bugs, app bugs all the time. that's why I'm done with FitBit. I'm selling my tracker and I don't ever want to have anything to do with FitBit anymore. Obviously I won't ever recommend it to anybody. Nobody wants to be part of a system in which the developers and the organization as a whole doesn't care.

Best Answer

Hi,

What I'd like to have is Both apps giving me accurate figures about my activity.

I have both apps monitoring my activity alongside Samsung Health, and Google Fit numbers are astonishingly below Samsung Health and Fitbit numbers. To give you an example, my Calories burned yesterday according to the three apps:

Samsung Health   18030

Google Fit              21581

Fitbit                        23042

More steps from Fitbit than the other two apps is reasonable since the bracelet is on the wrist instead of the ankle.

Nonetheless, what it's more upsetting is the relation between Steps and Calories among the apps:

Samsung Health   18030-864 kcal

Google Fit              21581-1586 kcal!

Fitbit                        23042-4080 kcal!!!!!

In my opinion, Fibit overestimates the kcal burned for steps.

Thank you.

Best Answer

It's a shame really. I had a Fitbit charge HR and I kind of liked the app that supports the tracker.. biggest motivator I found was the x exercise a week goal that would really get me trying to keep the target. Sadly, my fitness watch succumbed to water damage (who would have thought that a fitness tracker is barely water resistant?).  Anyway I bought an Amazfit Bip initially as a cheap stop gap measure but man I've fallen in love with this little thing. It's the opposite of fitbit's closed software, with 3rd party apps all able to access the watch data and sync etc...

Fitbit are loosing ground by locking in their userbase.. I guess they'll have to find that out the hard way..

Best Answer

I really can't understand why this haven't been made possible yet after 7 years.

Syncing info between FitBit App and Google Fit "Health App" (or any phones Health App) should be a number one priority.

Most phones standard Health Apps today are connected to a function that is called Emergency Infomation / Status. This means that information that is in the Health App on a phone can be accessed even if the Phone is lock in a case of Emergency.

Read more how to set it up here:

Android:https://support.google.com/android/answer/9319337/get-help-in-an-emergency-using-your-android-phone?...

For iPhones a person clicks the "Lock" button 7 times to open this menu. On Android a person choose if there should show a banner, icon or just directly the information on the lock-screen. On this emergency/medical screen people can call for help, see the owners health, blood type, medicin use and more (depending on what the user have added to the health app). A person that is trying to help can also see the persons emergency contacts and call them if needed.

So in short terms this Connection can be a Life Saving Connection for the users because even if the user isn't in a state to answer questions a helping person might be able to see heart beat (is it steady / might be safe, is it rapid / might have internal bleeding).

I recently switched over to an Android Phone and we can't sync to Google Fit or other Android solutions. But I did find an App that solved that problem and does the synchronization for you. 

For Android it's called FitToFit.

|\| Fitbit Versa 2 Black |/|\| OnePlus 8 PRO (OxygenOS 13 / Android 13) |/|
Best Answer

Hi

I used FitToFit too. 

But have you encounter issue like me?

Sometimes my steps count during exercise (eg. running) not transfer to Google Fit 🤔 

Best Answer

FitToFit runs once every hour in default.

But it's also only stay logged in for 3-months at a time, so you'll have to keep logging in.

|\| Fitbit Versa 2 Black |/|\| OnePlus 8 PRO (OxygenOS 13 / Android 13) |/|
Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Your feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated. Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services but at the moment there are no plans to integrate with Google Fit. For more information, please visit this post.

I am going to close this thread because it's too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

There's been numerous threads about people wanting to be able to connect or at least import data from Google Fit.

I just got a Versa yesterday, and there is historic demand (and the old thread about not planning the integration is now 2+ years old and locked.

Any chance of reconsideration of some ability to either import Google Fit data via .csv or direct sync option to avoid linking the two apps to third parties?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JadeTranquility.

Thank you for your interest in transferring your data between Fitbit and Google Fit.

Currently, there are no plans to import Google Fit data nor add a direct sync option.

I merged your post to this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes