Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Ride from Strava not syncing to Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a Fitbit HR and IPhone 5S. I have followed the instructions to link my strava however my rides are not coming through onto the dashboard. I have disconnected the link and redone the link but I'm still not getting anything through. My Strava rides are indoor virtual rides but they do record miles and heart rate.
Thanks.

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LauMorris Hey there, Virtual Rides currently don't sync over to Fitbit so that's why you're not seeing them. Virtual Ride, along with E-Bike Ride, were added as new activities on Strava's side and the integration has not been updated since those activities were added. Both will eventually be added, no time frame on when that will happen though. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @LauMorris

Moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Wishing a wonderful weekend

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LauMorris Hey there, Virtual Rides currently don't sync over to Fitbit so that's why you're not seeing them. Virtual Ride, along with E-Bike Ride, were added as new activities on Strava's side and the integration has not been updated since those activities were added. Both will eventually be added, no time frame on when that will happen though. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

I tried the solution twice and still not syncing any direction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surge Sync to Strava was working till yesterday. My run from this morning did not sync. It's been around 3 hours already. Are you seeing strava sync issues on your end? I see the run just fine in the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Can you tell me if this has been resolved yet or are there any plans to ?

im also not seeing any rides done on zwift syncing from strava to fitbit

Best Answer

Has this not been resolved yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not resolved yet it looks like

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

since there seemed to be no such request, I open a feature suggestion for syncing virtual rides from strava to fitbit. Feel free to vote for it here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Sync-virtual-rides-indoor-training-e-g-Zwift-fro...

Best Answer

It's been 18months since this was first mentioned, with the rise of apps like Zwift, surely this needs to be added now.

It's frustrating that I burn ~5K calories a week on zwift and it never shows up in fitbit making the app useless at tracking my activities and calories out 😞

Best Answer

Is there a backlog item for this update yet?

Best Answer

Sorry, but the fact that this has not been fixed is not really a solution!

Best Answer

Yeah, this is the time of year when a lot of Fitbit users are virtual riding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same problem with my runs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Jimbo2112 and @SunsetRunner, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community and it is nice to see you again @Humdinger.

At the moment there are no updates regarding virtual rides from Strava to sync with Fitbit. Note that regarding updates with integrations Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. It's up to the owner of the third party app to implement or update features for their app.

If this is something of your interest, supporting the feature suggestion previously mentioned here is a great idea.

@Humdinger based on the description you are having a different issue. I have seen during the time you posted, issues with Strava is not syncing runs to Fitbit. However I haven't seen other reports by now, so I'm wondering how it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting? For more details about this issue please refer to our last update here: Strava and Fitbit Syncing.

See you friends and if I got more updates I will visiting this thread with more news.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the date is 2016 and this is still not implemented .When will it happen? Charge 2 owner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, feels like Fitbit is coming to end of its useful life in terms of connectivity with other services. Please upgrade interoperability before you lose users. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter. 

If you have not, be sure to post a feature suggestion as it was recommended above and be sure to vote for it or comment on it to show your support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Please do know that we truly appreciate your comments and feedback on the matter. 

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still hasn't been fixed after 4 years. I guess there really was no timeframe for the fix. 

Best Answer

I guess even 5 years later, after a pandemic where even MORE people are doing indoor activities, this still doesn't work.  It's so off the radar, that trying to contact support about it they didn't even recognize or notice the activity was Virtual (and save A LOT of time with a simple "sorry, that's not supported").  Instead, running me around telling me it's Strava's problem and to contact them, then re-connecting the apps, then re-installing then reconnecting the apps, etc...  It seems Fitbit reps here claim it's Strava's responsibility, but Strava reps claim it's Fitbit's responsibility.  The integration must have just magically happened!

Best Answer
0 Votes