Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect Fitbit heart rate monitor to other app such as endomondo?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello!
I want to run, so I am using endomondo, however I can't see heart rate although I am wearing Fitbit HR. It seems to me it's useless. I want to control my heart rate, but I can't otherwise I should watch at Fitbit and press a button every 5 seconds.
So the question is how can I use that heart rate monitor?
Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Seroxxx A warm welcome to the Community! Currently, Fitbit won't sync heart rate to third-party apps. However, someone already posted this idea in our Ideas Board you may want to vote for it. Because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

That's nuts.

I literally bought the fitbit charge 2 today solely to be a heart rate monitor. If the hear rate doesn't synch to any 3rd party apps it's not even worthwhile to display. You will NEVER look at your fitbit's tiny little hard to get to turn on display when you are doing an activity.

I'm taking it back.

Best Answer

@JoeConnolly You can always check the Fitbit app for heart rate.

You can't connect Fitbit devices directly to third party apps, but you can certainly connect third party apps and Fitbit. The only other app I'm aware of that is capable of syncing Fitbit's heart rate data to their app is Strava

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Me, too. +1 Return for Charge HR2. Extremely disappointing that Fitbit seemed to drop the ball on such a no brainer feature. Seems to be that this product is not for serious athletes - or even those generally interested in tracking fitness more carefully.

Best Answer

You can't check the fitbit app for heart rate when it won't work. I've tried all the suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @fairyhedgehog! You're able to check live heart rate in your app, if your tracker is "connected" to your account; meaning that you should have the option "all-day sync" on in so your tracker can sync during the whole day. (Check the screenshot below) 

If you can provide me with more details about the issue, you're experiencing. I'll be happy to provide you with solutions. 

heartrateconnectedupdate.png

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The heart rate was working on my tracker and was working on my phone app. Then I went outside for a bike ride and the heart rate on my phone app would not work, although everything else did. The heart rate worked on my tracker - but there's no way I can cycle while keep flicking my wrist to see the small numbers on a tracker!

I tried all the tips and tricks, including unistalling and reinstalling the app. Then suddenly it was all working again for no apparent reason.

So, problem solved for now. Unless it goes off again next time I want to ride my bike.

(It was very disappointing. I'd hoped for real time heart rate as I cycle and it doesn't look like you get real time figureseven when it is working.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a fitbit charge 2. Works with fitbit app but I am unable to link the heart rate to another app (under armour record in this case). Any solution or suggestion??? I understand with iphone it does seem to link, however i have a samsung galaxy s7. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Girl88! Thanks for the details you've mentioned, currently heart rate data won't sync to other third-party apps. Rest assure Fitbit is always working to improve its features and partnership with others. 

You may want to vote for this idea Allow third-parties to access live heart rate data. Those are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can comment and vote for them. 

Thanks for voting! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're right that makes this expensive product useless!!!

might just take it back cause i cant link it with anything else

stupid!!!!

@Seroxxx wrote:
Hello!
I want to run, so I am using endomondo, however I can't see heart rate although I am wearing Fitbit HR. It seems to me it's useless. I want to control my heart rate, but I can't otherwise I should watch at Fitbit and press a button every 5 seconds.
So the question is how can I use that heart rate monitor?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @TracyEM.

Thanks for your feedback.

Do keep in mind that these third party integrations are developed by the third parties themselves so in this case maybe you could get in touch with the app's creator and have them check on the possibility of including HR.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi
Their apps include HR but doesn’t pick up your heart rate monitor. A friend of mine has purchased a different brand of HRM and it works with that app

Moderator edit: Removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TracyEM.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter.

As I mentioned, it could be that the connection was developed in that way. Maybe you could get in touch with the third party and let them know that you're interested in getting HR information over.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this sucks. I’m wishing I had gone for Apple Watch I’ve charge 3 but it won’t link up to any heart monitor even although I hate Apple. You would thing in this day and age we could monitor our heart without going to a doctor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I hope you are well.

My question is about heart rate monitoring, I love my Fitbit watch and the app, however I am increasingly frustrated that when doing high intensity work outs or heavy weights, the heart rate monitor does not read it correctly. 

I would like a heart monitor strap to go with it so I can get a more accurate reading, 

I don't understand why Fitbit haven't made one?

I would like to use a Fitbit one so it syncs together.

please help me on this?

(I noticed when I first got my new Fitbit charge 3, about 6months who it was reading more accurately and now it's got much worse.)

please give me some help and advice on this?

thank you 

Lucy x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, everyone knows the best way to train is by monitoring heart rate while training,so you have developed a device that is nonfunctional, non compatible with other devices, and your answer is tell our development department...wow pretty smart guys freedom of choose and functionality, like it would be nice to use O2 sensors, consumer should be able to use device full function without whatever apps we choose

Best Answer