Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link my Fitbit to AARP Rewards for Good?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I link my FitBit to AARP Rewards for Good? 

I've tried numerous times and called AARP but no one knows what to do ....

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello there @Hawardfit, nice to see you have joined to our Fitbit Community! In this case AARP Rewards is not among our officially supported third party integrations, nonetheless there are tons of apps that are able to connect with your account through our open API. 

In your case, I'm wondering if you are seeing an error at the moment to connect your AARP account with Fitbit. If you need to connect your account the way to do this is by following this link: http://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/fitness/

Once you are there you just need to grant access to your Fitbit account. If for some reason you are not able to complete this process, the best to do is to reach the customer support of AARP Rewards.

See you around and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am attempting to sync my fitbit and AARP accounts.  I am receiving message to call AARP, which I did.  AARP c/s service stated I had to sync through FitBit website...which cannot be done either.  Sycning these 2 apps and accounts cannot be that difficult. 

Best Answer

Roberto...you message to another subscriber stated that FitBit is unable to sync to AARP.  I am curious as to why AARP has FitBit listed on their Rewards linking site? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about Rewards, but AARP and United Healthcare just sent out a formal announcement that Premium is offered free to insured members due to Covid-19.  I'm a doctor in NYC and walk miles to and from my hospital, plus miles in the hospital.  There's a lot I need to track and I'm really fed up that when I call AARP and Fitbit, they have directions that don't work.  Evidently they are advertising something that they're not actually providing.  At a time of ultimate stress, they're adding additional stress to my life and certainly not helping my health.

Best Answer

I've spent days trying to connect using AARP directions for both AARP and Fitbit.  Sad to say that although AARP and United Healthcare sent out a formal notice that they are offering Premium free to insured members, neither website has been programmed to actually sync. I'm not talking about the Rewards section.  I'm talking about the actual AARP and/or United Healthcare account that you have.  Although I'm a doctor working in NYC with Covid-19 patients and walking miles every day, I had a degree in advanced computer science and there doesn't appear to be actual programming for syncing the two together.    The AARP repsare nice but their directions refer to screens that don't appear on computers regardless of whch browser is being used.  Instead of wasting the little personal time I had I would have preferred they didn't send out announcements offering something they aren't offering.  As for Fitbit, their chat and email, as well as Premium isn't working right now.  They don't answer their phone either so I'm assuming the unrest going on in various cities has impacted them adversely.  I chose Fitbit over other trackers to replace my pedometer and give me for information but I'm seriously looking at Apple and Garmin because they are actually doing customer support instead of frustrating customers.

Best Answer

I have had a similar experience.  I called AARP and they didn't know what I was asking about.  When they finally found it the directions don't work.  False advertising.

Best Answer
0 Votes