Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect charge2 to exercise apps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using a excercise app called fiton that is able to connect to fitbit if I set it up on fitbit (that's what it says) yet I can't find any settings to add app permissions. Can someone assist me with this please

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You originally posted under the Sense 2 section but you mention Charge 2 in your post. Regardless...

The implementation done by FitON (wonderful app and service by the way, what Fitbit Coach Premium isn't) is a bit strange. 

Differently than other similar services the exercises performed on FitOn are not linked with Fitbit so you won't find the exercises that you have done in FitOn also on Fitbit (differently than what done with Google Fit for example)

What FitOn did was to write an app for Fitbit smartwatches that reads the heart rate and allows to show it while following the exercise on FitOn. By the way this is also only possible if you have the Premium membership of FitOn.

Finally, and this might be the missing piece of information, the mentioned app is not available for Sense 2 and Versa 4 beacause Fitbit doesn't consider its greatest products no longer smartwatches but just trackers with a big display and therefore not allowing the developement of apps.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You originally posted under the Sense 2 section but you mention Charge 2 in your post. Regardless...

The implementation done by FitON (wonderful app and service by the way, what Fitbit Coach Premium isn't) is a bit strange. 

Differently than other similar services the exercises performed on FitOn are not linked with Fitbit so you won't find the exercises that you have done in FitOn also on Fitbit (differently than what done with Google Fit for example)

What FitOn did was to write an app for Fitbit smartwatches that reads the heart rate and allows to show it while following the exercise on FitOn. By the way this is also only possible if you have the Premium membership of FitOn.

Finally, and this might be the missing piece of information, the mentioned app is not available for Sense 2 and Versa 4 beacause Fitbit doesn't consider its greatest products no longer smartwatches but just trackers with a big display and therefore not allowing the developement of apps.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes