Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect with WhatsApp?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went to settings inside the app of Fitbit and I set WhatsApp as my primary app. However, i dont receive any notifications. My My phone is set on the vibrating function, so its not silent. How do I fix this

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@WesleytJ, welcome to the community! Are you getting other notifications successfully? If so, there could be something with WhatsApp settings that would need to be changed (High Priority Notifications checked?). It doesn't have many notifications options - shouldn't take long to test them.

Also, Fitbit app should have all the permissions on your phone granted.

You can also test a bit different setup. In Fitbit app notifications settings you can select other messages app as your default for texts and enable WhatsApp push notifications from App Notifications section - see if it's going to work.

Good luck!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@WesleytJ, welcome to the community! Are you getting other notifications successfully? If so, there could be something with WhatsApp settings that would need to be changed (High Priority Notifications checked?). It doesn't have many notifications options - shouldn't take long to test them.

Also, Fitbit app should have all the permissions on your phone granted.

You can also test a bit different setup. In Fitbit app notifications settings you can select other messages app as your default for texts and enable WhatsApp push notifications from App Notifications section - see if it's going to work.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay that worked. But sometimes I will receive a notification and sometimes I wont. Why is that

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WesleytJ, it depends on your phone and Charge 3 BT connection - phone should be within BT proximity to send notification to the tracker. Also, for timely notifications in Fitbit App 'All-day sync' option should be enabled along with Always Connected option and Keep-Alive widget turned on. If you have all these settings enabled, then you may try to turn Keep-Alive widget off to see if it makes a difference. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When it doesnt work I go to my fitbit app. It the says under notifications: notification service is not running..

But when its done with synchronizing again I receive my messages again.

This repeats every 10 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes