Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to un-revoke access to apps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have revoked access to a particular app. How do I allow the access to the app again? Because there was trouble syncing the steps and I wanted to reset the connection by de-linking FitBit and linking them again.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @scrib_bles, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering which third party app are you trying to reconnect with your Fitbit account? It may vary depending of the app you want to connect; note there are many third party apps either officially supported or not supported so the process can be slightly different.

Regardless of this you can use our website: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership to look the app you want to use and learn more about how to re-connect with your Fitbit dashboard or you can refer to our Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Usually at the moment to connect a third party app is directly from their app or website and not from your Fitbit account settings, so you can also contact the developer of the third party service you are using as an alternative.

Hope this helps and for other questions feel free to visit our great Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi there @scrib_bles, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering which third party app are you trying to reconnect with your Fitbit account? It may vary depending of the app you want to connect; note there are many third party apps either officially supported or not supported so the process can be slightly different.

Regardless of this you can use our website: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership to look the app you want to use and learn more about how to re-connect with your Fitbit dashboard or you can refer to our Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

Usually at the moment to connect a third party app is directly from their app or website and not from your Fitbit account settings, so you can also contact the developer of the third party service you are using as an alternative.

Hope this helps and for other questions feel free to visit our great Community!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you unrevoke mfp. I'm been trying to for months so frustrated. I have the blaze if it matters. Please help!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, nice to see you have joined to our Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response, as I have noticed you did not received an official response.

In this case revoking the access of MyFitnessPal is just matter of a couple of steps and can be done through your Fitbit web-Dashboard or MyFitnessPal website.

For more details I believe your will find more useful this post.

Hope this helps, see you later and feel free to post if you have other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Just purchased a charge 3, was connecting everything, and then noticed that MFP wasn't getting all fitness info from my fitbit and that fitbit wasn't syncing my meals and calories throughout the day from MFP.  A fix online listed that revoking access and then reconnecting both would fix this problem easily. It unfortunately didn't fix the problem and so I thought that perhaps because MFP isn't reflected back in the Manage Data section where originally revoked, that is the the reason the issue is still persisting. 

The solution you listed above does not un-revoke access (or at least does not show that access is allowed again) on Fitbit's side/app/website/settings, it only reflects that on the MFP app. Under manage data, which is where MFP was previously listed on the Fitbit app (where access was originally revoked), it does not re-appear once ensured that MFP has it connected. 

Please take a deeper dive than before or see if someone else may have a better understanding of what is going on and Help resolve this. I only downloaded MFP so that I could link the two. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Has anyone found a fix for this? I revoked myfitnesspal because my steps were not showing up, and now I can't undo it. I have a Charge 3. Thanks

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. My FitBit and MyFitnessPal were syncing great for a week or two and then completely stopped. I read online to revoke access and re-sync the apps so I did that and now the apps will not allow me to reconnect. I keep getting a "server error" message. I've been going back and forth with MyFitnessPal support and nothing has worked yet. I'm wondering if revoking access on the FitBit end made the connection permanently revoked? Is there a way to allow access again?

Best Answer

Same issue...any possible fixes?

Best Answer

Same issue

Best Answer

I am having this exact issue with Noom. Wouldn't sync steps, tried to reset so I revoked access and now cannot figure out how to add it again. I've tried through Noom, I've uninstalled and reinstalled both apps, deleted my device and set up again and i cannot find a solution that works. I followed your links in your above resume and that didn't lead me to where I could actually reapply permissions with Noom.

Best Answer

I am having this issue as well, and neither fitbit or noom have offered an actual solution. Which is tremendously upsetting, because noom is not an inexpensive program.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It took me a lot of digging and finally got a good response from Noom
technical support. There is a bug they are working on correcting, but I had
success with this work around:

"Our developers are now aware of this issue where selecting certain step
sources does not prompt you to log in or allow permissions for the tracker
to properly work. This is a high priority for them and they are working
hard to have this resolved as soon as possible. However, we do have a
workaround to get it working for you now! Please follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Apps & Devices within the Noom app. Scroll down and
select "*Polar*" as your step source. This will take you to a page to
2. Press the Home button on your phone (typically the circle icon in the
bottom center of your screen) to leave the Noom app and proceed to open the
Chrome browser. After opening Chrome, go to https://syncmydevice.com (be
sure to type it exactly as shown or just click the link provided in this
step if you're on your phone!).
3. You should now be viewing a page with a list of trackers. Tap "
*Connect*" next to the tracker you're trying to connect (you can also
tap "*Disconnect*" on any trackers you may need to disconnect). After
tapping "*Connect*," you will be prompted to log in to your tracker's
account. After logging in, you will often be asked which permissions to
give the app. Be sure to select "*Allow all*."
4. You can now navigate back into the Noom app and go back to Settings >
Apps & Devices to select the tracker you just connected and logged into.
You should be good to go! (If you're still viewing the Polar login page
from earlier, you can tap the "*X*" icon in the top left corner to go
back).

And that's it! We know this is an involved workaround but we've had a great
success rate so far! Please note that your steps may not sync in right
away, and depending on the tracker's servers, it could take up to a few
hours before the initial sync comes through.

We hope to have this issue fixed soon so this workaround won't be
necessary. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!"

I hope this helps you as well!
Best Answer

Thanks for sharing that, Meg! I will give this a shot!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been struggling with the same issues with noom and  Fitbit.  Thank you so much Meg, this worked perfectly to reconnect them. Fingers crossed it will show steps soon 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the Polar work around and it worked. Thanks so much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes