Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Nokia (Withings scale/ Healthmate) with Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to sync my weight/bmi/fat% to my fitbit account/dashboard. Maybe the other way around also the steps from fitbit into the nokia health mate app.

anyone any idea where to start? All the links in other topics and the help pages lead to 404 pages, for example: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1286/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3AX3rd_Party_Integration&...

any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers,

tom

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
330 REPLIES 330

Same problem here as Courir has.

Withings login works, The Wizard comes back with error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been in contact with fitbit support which sent me to whitings support. Whitings support suggested clearing cache but when that didnt solve the issue the development team got involved. They say they have started working on it but doesnt have an ETA on the solution. 

Best Answer

Thanks Anonymou. Please let us know how it goes. I've also contacted Withings support about this issue. I'm hoping with more people reaching out to them about this, they'll prioritize finding a fix.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks to anyone that has shared how it has gone for you, whether it is working properly or not yet.

@LAinWLA We truly appreciate that you have let us know that it is still happening to you and other users. 

@Anonymou  Thanks for that information. Hopefully you get some updates on the matter.

We will be sure to pass this on to the rest of the team so that this can be looked into. We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we get any updates on the situation.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this mean that you guys will continue working on this matter for the rest of us that still can't get the connection up and running ?

Best regards

Behrang

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe it means that Withings, not Fitbit, is working on this issue.

Best Answer

I was told by customer service over the phone that the ONLY scales that will send info to Fitbit, i.e., work with Fitbit are the Fitbit branded scales. Would be nice if someone from Fitbit would address this question specifically instead of beating around the bush.

Best Answer

As of right now, Withings are advertising on their website that their scales sync with Fitbit. If this is not the case, then it would be disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nmedi

Who told you that, Fitbit customer service, or Withings customer service?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is one of the pages on the Withings website that explains Fitbit is a Withings/Nokia partner, and it is possible to sync with Fitbit from the scales: https://www.withings.com/ch/en/health-mate-partners/fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nmedi Yes, every scale send the data to their own cloud. Then optionally there are the integrations/interfaces. Tools that listening for new measures (usually via notification), read them from one side and write them to the other.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LAinWLA Fitbit customer service told me that no other scales, unless Fitbit branded, would send info to Fitbit such that you could view that scale info from Fitbit. They told me only a firbitbscale can send weight, body fat %, etc so that you cam see it in your Fitbit app, via Fitbit online, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Courir yes, it implies Fitbit integration on that link. But check out this much more specific link: https://support.withings.com/hc/en-us/articles/217572678-Partner-Apps-What-data-is-shared-between-th...

And not so cryptic message: 

Note that because we have an open API, our partners get to decide which data is shared between the apps. Feel free to reach out directly to the partners as they may have more information regarding the data transferred as we do.

Important note: We improved our API by integrating a new authentification protocol. If you notice synchronization issues between the Health Mate app and a partner app, please contact the partner app and ask them to update their authentification protocol. Click here for more information."

Withings is clearly saying this is a Fitbit issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nmedi From outside, Fitbit accept weight & fat. But a smart scale can measures also others info, like muscle, bone, water, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sad to see people are still having issues. I'm a new customer, but I managed to connect my fitbit and withings account a week or two ago after waiting quite some time for a fix. It's still working for me, both weight and fat percentage syncs. Strange if it was up and working, then just broke again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Sorry to hear not working for others.

Dan
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too got past the initial error message with the Withings connect wizard by clearing the browser cache, only to encounter a new message: "API client is not authorized by the resource owner to access the resource requested. Visit https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/oauth2 for more information on the Fitbit Web API authorization process."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke with someone from customer service at Withings who told me the scales still integrate with Fitbit. So, if there has been a change, it hasn't been communicated to Withings (or at least this news hasn't been filtered down to customer service). The fact that some people on this message board report being able to recently sync their scales with their Fitbit account means I'm quite confused as to what's going on.

Also, the customer service person at Withings recommended I try deleting my cache, using an incognito window and trying different browsers. I tried all of those suggestions and they made no difference. I'm still receiving the error message: 

Unable to authenticate Withings user. Withings server returned the following error: Unknown status code.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

To clarify my previous statement, our team is working on this situation to find a solution so that you all can connect your Fitbit and Withings accounts. We will let you all know as soon as we get any news.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit Do you have a time frame for us at least? I've been researching this issue a bit online, and see you've been giving pretty much this same answer for months. Have Fitbit identified the issue? Have they identified a fix? If this truly is a case of Fitbit no longer allowing integration with other scales in order to try and boost sales of the Aria, I'd prefer you just come out and say it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes