Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT integration failing (September 2019)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anybody else having any issues with their IFTTT applets failing and having to be reconnected each day, over the last few days?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As suggested directly by support I revoked ifttt access on the fitbit site, then reconnected it and it now appears to work.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Quiggles.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the IFTTT integration has been failing for the last few days. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. I understand that you've been reconnecting them and recommend confirming the complete troubleshooting steps:

1. Please confirm that your Fitbit device is syncing.
  2. Please confirm that IFTTT and your Fitbit account are linked. For more information, see How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

Looking forward to your response. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Yes my fitbit is syncing fine

Your link " How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?" links to a salesforce page that I can't get on to.

When I check the fitbit applet and click the "check now" button I get a red error bar at the top of the screen that says "There was an error during check process".

To be clear this is an applet that has worked ok for years.

Cheers

Gary

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem since the beginning of the month on Fitbit applets that have been working for quite a while as well. It reconnects without a hitch but fails on the "check now".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Quiggles, thank you for your reply. Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @edderus.

@Quiggles I apologize for the link, you can use this link to check the help article. Thank you for providing the additional details. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can take a deeper look at this. You should be getting a reply soon. 

@edderus thank you for joining the conversation and sharing that you've been having the same problem. Have you tried the troubleshooting tips provided by IFTTT?

I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response.

I had tried reconnecting the applet to the service, but with no change.

Following your suggested link, I removed and re-created the applet, no change (the same error on check: "There was an error during check process" and "There was a problem with the Fitbit service" in the activity log.

I am using Fitbit's Android app to connect a Fitbit One to my LG G6 and it is reporting step count, sleep time, etc, so the information is getting from the device to Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As suggested directly by support I revoked ifttt access on the fitbit site, then reconnected it and it now appears to work.

Best Answer

That did it for me, too. Thanks for the pointer!

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around @Quiggles @edderus.  

@Quiggles thank you for sharing the steps to resolve the issue! I appreciate your time and efforts. 

@edderus I am glad to hear the issue is resolved for you too! 

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipes and much more.

Enjoy the Fitbit experience. Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes