Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Apple Watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

Does FitBit have any plans to integrate and sync data with the Apple Watch?

It'll be extremely useful for people like me who want to alternate between using FitBit's wrist based devices and the Watch.

If not, then it'll be a sad life where we'll have to do a *lot* of manual logging!

Cheers,

AC

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hello @chadha,

While I can understand the appeal to wear something other than a Fitbit on your wrist for business formals, keep in mind that Fitbit recently added support for multiple trackers.

In other words, you can wear your Fitbit Charge (or insert other model) normally, and when you need to get spiffied up, you can simply clip on (or put in your pocket) a Fitbit One and wear a classy conventional watch.  Remember the Apple Watch starts at $350 and that's not the model I'd wear to business formals.  I think you'd have far more options when you consider the price of an elegant coventional watch + $100 for the Fitbit One.

While I haven't had a chance to toy with multiple trackers yet, the integration should be seamless.  It just detects which tracker is active and integrates those stats with your account.  Take one off and pick up the other.

Just something to consider.  My 2¢.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use Sych Solver.  Download in the app store.   Downloads data from the Health app to the Fitbit Dashboard.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

@chadha A warm welcome to the Community! Currently, I don't have any information about this integration. However, our engineers are always working to add some features. Someone already posted this idea here you can vote for it so it can become a new feature because these suggestions are viewed directly by our engineers and developers. 

Also, you don't need to log all the activities in your Dashboard just the ones that require more than just steps like tennis or yoga because this will improve the accuracy of the calories burned that you're going to get. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Considering Fitbit doesn't appear interested in integrating with Fit or Health, I doubt there's much of a future in integrating with an iWatch.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit: Thanks for the reply. The use here is exactly as it is mentioned in the link that you provided: wearing the Apple-Watch with business formals and wearing the FitBit to the gym (or runs etc).

It'll be great to see that integration.

Best Answer

Hello @chadha,

While I can understand the appeal to wear something other than a Fitbit on your wrist for business formals, keep in mind that Fitbit recently added support for multiple trackers.

In other words, you can wear your Fitbit Charge (or insert other model) normally, and when you need to get spiffied up, you can simply clip on (or put in your pocket) a Fitbit One and wear a classy conventional watch.  Remember the Apple Watch starts at $350 and that's not the model I'd wear to business formals.  I think you'd have far more options when you consider the price of an elegant coventional watch + $100 for the Fitbit One.

While I haven't had a chance to toy with multiple trackers yet, the integration should be seamless.  It just detects which tracker is active and integrates those stats with your account.  Take one off and pick up the other.

Just something to consider.  My 2¢.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil: Thanks! This is news to me, and sounds like a good solution.

Better keep the Zip in the pocket than the Charge. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use Sych Solver.  Download in the app store.   Downloads data from the Health app to the Fitbit Dashboard.

Best Answer

Hello @gravy604,

This is fair and I'm sure works just fine for getting steps into Fitbit, but I imagine that these would be similar to manually entered steps.

However, buyer beware...  These steps won't count towards badges (like the daily step count badges) and I'm not sure if they count toward challenges either.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

I too would like to see Fitbit integrated with the Apple Watch, particulary the Weight and Sleep Tracking features of Fitbit which do not have ready counterparts on the Apple system. 

Best Answer

me too

Best Answer

@bjabski A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for participating Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand your point about the iWatch being $350 for the entry model. However.. I received it as a gift (aka free), so it would actually cost me more money now to get the additional second fitbit to 'keep in my pocket'. 

I really think you should keep the app available to anybody that has ever owned a fitbit. I was a fitbit flex user since it came out, and only stopped 4 days ago when I got the iWatch. I tried wearing both, but I just feel silly. 

I completely understand not allowing people with other devices (and that have never owned a fitbit) to use the app. But I've been a user for years, and I would really like to keep using your app. At least allow the syncing apps (like syncsolver) to count towards challenges/7-day counts... 

Best Answer

@LucasOstrowski A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you so much for your feedback. Fitbit is always trying to improve the Dashboard and adding third-party apps to the list. 

Personally, I think the Fitbit app won't give you accurate results if you don't have a Fitbit paired to the account because your Fitbit tracker is the one that sync your daily information to your app. 

We have the Ideas Board where you can post your ideas and the best of that is that people can vote for them and our engineers and developers check those suggestions. 

Thank you for posting your ideas and being a member of the Community Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just wear both. I know it looks silly, but there are features on each that I really like. I did look into the One, but it seems a bit pricy for what it is and I don't always have a pocket or somewhere to clip it. I've only had the charge for a few months and get the Apple Watch for Christmas. I'm not willing to give up my Fiitbit friends and community just yet.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue!  I just received the Apple Watch as a gift and I don't want to wear both devices so I'm using Sync Solver but I wish the steps would count towards 7.  Sadly, I will not be using Fitbit anymore 😞  

Best Answer
It's sad, they can merge. I'm spoiled, I want both! The watch does not track sleep, and that is important to me. Lol, I have a bracelet that covers the Fitbit, so if I have meetings, i just hide it. 🙂 -- Venus L. McGuire (903) 624-0353 "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." - Tommy Lasorda
Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit: Looks like FitBit might lose a bunch of customers because of lack of this integration (myself included).

While I understand that FitBit has come up with Blaze, it might still be worth it to have a tighter integration with the Apple watch.

The biggest reason why people don't want to move away from FitBit is the community. In my friend circle, at least 50% have already embraced the Apple-watch, and I'm sure more would follow.

Another big reason why we prefer FitBit is the sleep tracking functionality. I believe Apple will introduce that feature soon enough.

Lastly, we have the battery-life difference. After using the Apple-watch for ~6 months, I can confidently say that charging it every day is totally worth it.

We really hope that FitBit takes care of this problem and comes up with an elegant solution!

PS: having multiple FitBit products (one for the gym/runs, and another to keep in the pocket for formal events) is a really bad suggestion! This would mean having another device to manage and keep track of.

Best Answer
I agree with Sylvia Fitbit comment. Each product, the Fitbit and the Apple Watch each have certain features the other does not. Over-all, I think the Apple Watch has more utility and functions, but I would still like to use the Fitbit for its unique benefits. If I have to choose between the products, and I did, I would and did choose the Apple Watch. I think Fitbit would benefit from some flexibility and arrange to synchronize with the Apple Watch. 1Jackster
Best Answer

I am truly disappointed in the fact that the Fitbit does not integrate with Apple Watch. I have enjoyed being a fitbit user and competing with friends on the leaderboard and with challenges. However, I recently made a switch to the Apple Watch due to the fact that I could still track my activity/steps, yet have all of the other features of syncing with my phone (texting, calls, etc.) But to my great disappointment, I can no longer track my fitbit steps on the leaderboards and challenges with my friends. SO FRUSTRATING! There is no reason why I should have to wear my Apple watch, and Fitbit wristband together. Also, if I have already contributed funds to Fitbit by purchasing a wristband, I don't feel it is right to then be punished for wanting to sync my steps into the app by another method. I could see if I never purchased a wristband product from Fitbit, but I have invested money into Fitbit. If Fitbit and Apple have no intention of ever functioning together, then so be it. But, as the owner of a fitbit product, I should at least have the ability to then manually enter my steps earned with my Apple Watch, and have them ACTUALLY APPLY to the leaderboard, and challenges. 

Best Answer

Have you experienced this....

This morning I walked from my car to my office.  It's .36 miles.  On the fitbit dashboard it log this as a "walk" and I had 813 steps and it took me an hour.  I burned 130 cals. 

At 6am, I "walked" 40 steps, .02 miles.  It took me 1 hours and i burned again  130 cals

Best Answer
0 Votes