Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Apple Watch

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

Does FitBit have any plans to integrate and sync data with the Apple Watch?

It'll be extremely useful for people like me who want to alternate between using FitBit's wrist based devices and the Watch.

If not, then it'll be a sad life where we'll have to do a *lot* of manual logging!

Cheers,

AC

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

I love fitbit and the abilty to take part in the various different challenges with my co-workers, friends and family.  However, I'm truly disappointed that fitbit does not sync with my Apple watch.  For a while I was wearing a fit bit zip in addition to my apple watch but after reading in the community all the comments from apple watch wearers as well as fit bit wearers in additlion to the comments from fit bit themselves, I have decided that it really isn't that deep and will discontinue using my fitbit. Especially since fitbit isn't willing to intergrate with the apple watch.

Best Answer

So I'm late to the party...  I've read that Fitbit won't make an app for the Apple Watch because it's a competitor.  As if the many android devices aren't. But really??!!! Fitbit wil never be a competitor to Apple. I would never give up my iPhones, iPad, MacBook, iMac and Apple TV for the Fitbit. I got my Fitbit just about a month ago and I love it I even got one for my son but if I have to choose between my Apple Watch and my Fitbit it's not a hard choice at all. I would hate to return it but good lord not having an Apple Watch app just doesn't make any sense. Fitbit please tell me there's an app rolling out in the next few months. As I'm sure Fitbit is not planning on making phones, tablets, laptops, desktops and tv devices in the near future. Fitbit is not a competitor to Apple but it is a nice accessory to Apple. 

Best Answer

try setting up mobile track and maybe the steps tracked by watch will go to the apple health and be used for fitbit app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

not sure it will work but it's just an idea

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I'll try it.

Thanks,

Dave McCarter
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, there is no such app called sync solver on the App Store maybe it was deleted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @karsoncates@DMcCarter welcome to our Community and good to see you again @Kotep. I've answered this in another post, so perhaps this information might give you more details.

Use your Safari browser or any other browser and search for syncsolver.com to proceed from here.

upload (4).png

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree!!! I received my Apple Watch as a Mother's Day gift and am really frustrated that I can no longer compete in challenges because I feel stupid wearing both a Fitbit and Apple Watch!!! I have actually purchased more than one Fitbit and also feel they should work with Apple on this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work. I just downloaded it. Paid for the darn app and it's useless. Nothing has changed when I hit sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you vote for the integration. I'm sorry I'm an avid Apple Watch fan. It's more than a Watch. But I have family that have fitbits and we like to compete but only my phone steps not my Watch steps show up. I downloaded the sync solver but it does sync my steps like it says it will. It's frustrating. And for those of you who say the Apple Watch can't be used for formal you are wrong they have bands out there that can replace the one it comes with for those special occasions . Can't say that Fitbit has that option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
For some reason if I carry my phone everywhere the Fitbit app will count
those steps, it just doesn't count the ones on the watch. For instance
yesterday I had 20000+ steps but on the Fitbit it only had me down for
15000+ so I guess the steps I took without my phone in my pocket didn't
count.
Best Answer
Yes that's the problem I am having my phone syncs but not my Watch. And I
don't alway want to carry my phone around.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My weekly challenge groups get smaller and smaller as friends move to the Apple Watch. Please integrate the data so we can all stay "friends" on challenges. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @AngelaCraig83@Varilady and @frustratedflex. Thank you for your feedback and I understand many users wants this integration. So far I don't have updates but I can recommend to vote for these ideas:

Integrate with iOS Health

Integrate with Apple Watch

If this is something in which you're interested, contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future!

See you around and hope this helps!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I would just divorce fitbit and go with my fitness pal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mattw71, you are always welcome to the Fitbit Community!  I'm curios to know if you are experiencing any type of issue or do you have a question about any of the features of Fitbit?

Perhaps I can provide more information, keep in mind you can always work with Fitbit and Myfitnesspal by integrating the two accounts.

If you are interested in an integration with Apple watch or iOS Health, fee free to visit the links I've shared before to show your support.

Take care, see you until the next one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes we need the Apple Watch to work with fitbit. I like the app, but need it to work with my Apple Watch. I am currently using both with my fitbit in my pocket. I will be going to another app that will accept my Apple Watch here pretty soon. I am serious about my food logs, and excercise. Do not need to be using 5 different tools to complete anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is disappointing and has prevented me from purchasing an Apple watch or upgrading my Fitbit.  I use the Flex and have invested in two of the Tory Burch bracelets that I use for more formal affairs.  Even that is annoying because the newer models don't fit properly in those bracelets.  Fitbit, you're really pushing me away and towards Apple!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve stop using my Fitbit all together and won’t go back until they have this issue fix issue if I even do go back, which really sucks because I liked my flex but now that I’ve purchased my 2nd Apple Watch and it’s swim proof which is why I purchased the flex. I don’t see myself going back to Fitbit. What’s funny is I would have never left because I was fine with wearing both devices until I realized that I had to log into the app via my phone each time I wanted to check my progress.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the free Power Sync app. Works like a charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes