Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get Garmin data into Fitbit Dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't find this info anywhere... I am considering moving to a Withings or Garmin tracking device (e.g. Withings Steel HR or Garmin Vivomove) because I like the more traditional watch look. However, I can't find if there is any workaround to get that data in the Fitbit app as actual steps (not just activities).

Is there any way to get another tracker's data synced into the Fitbit app as 'natively recorded' steps, heart rate, etc??

I've been part of the 'Fitbit fam' since 2011 and like the app and want to continue using it as I do (so that I get average steps, can win trophies, etc.).

I have friends who use Fitbit, and as a long time user, I would love to keep all of my data in the same place. Plus, I find the trophies for lifetime steps, daily steps, etc. motivating.

I'm wondering if importing it to the Apple Health app and then syncing that to Fitbit (so it would look like it was the Fitbit 'Mobile Track' input) might work. I've come across some apps, but I don't think any purport to do this. Syncsolver's help page says that their steps only show as activities in their current help page. I'm open to any apps, workarounds, etc.

Is this even possible? Help!!!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see you on the Community @thahawk. Thanks for the details mentioned and for considering using Fitbit and Garmin. 

It's not possible to get this data into the Fitbit app. I've noticed that this idea has been already posted in our Feature Suggestion board: Garmin Connect Integration / Sync and Integrate with iOS Health. The status of that idea will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

SyncMyTracks for Android phones and RunGap for iOS (I think) can sync activities from one platform to another, but you should better try them to see if they do exactly what you want. I think SyncMyTracks does not support Withings, though. I'm not sure about RunGap.
Mind you, I don't think they sync daily steps (SyncMyTracks, at least, does not), but only activities. But can't be sure about RunGap, as I haven't tried it.
Furthermore, when I was using SyncMyTracks, to sync activities from Strava to Fitbit, all the activities would be uploaded to Fitbit as "RUN", so I had to change the name to "walk", "dance", etc manually.
So please test them yourself before deciding 🙂

Best Answer

I know this response is a bit stale, but I recently had my Fitbit ionic die on me again (3rd one I have been through in the past 4 years) and am now considering switching to Garmin as I have heard they are more durable. I would still like to keep my Fitbit community, however. Has there been any reconsideration of allowing devices such as Garmin to sync to the Fitbit application since this post? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer