Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to have Heart rate on MapMyRide app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit is synced to map my ride but does not show heart rate on map my ride dashboard. Is this possible to do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! in this case MapMyRide it won't retrieve your heart rate. Third party integrations works based on the data it will gathered as not all your Fitbit information will sync across your accounts.

In the case of MapMyFitness programs it will sync:

Fitbit > Distance > MapMyFitness apps
Fitbit > Calories > MapMyFitness apps 

Is important to mention, data will sync from Fitbit to MapMyFitness programs but MapMyFitness activity doesn't sync to Fitbit.

For more details please take a look at the following posts: Third Party Apps - Informational Post and Third Party Apps FAQ.

Hope this information helps. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! in this case MapMyRide it won't retrieve your heart rate. Third party integrations works based on the data it will gathered as not all your Fitbit information will sync across your accounts.

In the case of MapMyFitness programs it will sync:

Fitbit > Distance > MapMyFitness apps
Fitbit > Calories > MapMyFitness apps 

Is important to mention, data will sync from Fitbit to MapMyFitness programs but MapMyFitness activity doesn't sync to Fitbit.

For more details please take a look at the following posts: Third Party Apps - Informational Post and Third Party Apps FAQ.

Hope this information helps. See you around!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. Thought this was the case and saves me spending time trying to make it work. I can see it does sync the cycling workout to my Fitbit dashboard with heart rate details and average heartbeat throughout ride which is quite handy. Cheers 

Regards 

Nigel

Best Answer

It is a shame Fitbit will not allow access to its trackers by third party apps.  I could understand this if they had a great app, however, I do not know of a more light weight app in existence.

I wish my wife had not bought me this tracker as a gift.  Makes it hard to get rid of so I can buy a real tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @powdah, I understand your point of view and I appreciate your feedback.

I would like to quote our FAQs section to address your concern and add a little bit of more context.

With third party apps, Fitbit doesn't own or maintain this integrations. It's up to the developer of the third party app to implement or update features for their app. Unless there's some sort of limitation on Fitbit's side (e.g. no Fitbit SDK), then it's safe to assume that the owner of the app is the one to contact if you're interested in seeing the integration improved.

Take care and see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Name one 3rd party app that is allowed to access the tracker directly. 

Hmmmm, no reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @powdah, great to see you again. My apologies since I've been absent from this thread for a few days.

About your questions note that we are talking about proprietary technology, so if you want to have the full benefits of the tracker, the only app that is able to access directly to the all your tracker's data is the Fitbit app made for different platforms.

With third party integrations is not the tracker sharing the data directly, it us your Fitbit dashboard in charge to share the information with third party services after your information was synced from your tracker. Is at this point where it will depend of the development of third party apps on which information will be share as we have discussed in previous posts.

From our list of supported apps there is a wide variety of services that will communicate with your Dashboard in different ways. However there is not a single app that has full access of all the stats of the tracker since the apps are built with specific parameters the third party developer wants to integrate from Fitbit and vice-versa.

Until the next time.

Best Answer
To bad that FitBit will not take the simple steps to make a decent app
--
Best Answer
0 Votes