Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost data exchange with Endomondo

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  1. It's third day (it started Aug 10) since synchronization with Endomondo is lost. I've linked and unlinked accounts from both sides several times already (it used to help when something like that happened in past). Something went wrong with OAUTH2.

Workouts from Endomondo appears in Fitbit with no problems whatsoever.
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Same problem with two friends of mine. So it's not only my problem and seems like general failure.

Yet- again Fitbit fails with Endomondo integration. I understand- you are American company and in general do not care about European market but in Europe Endomondo is major sports application and (near to) 30 million users would appreciate if Fitbit takes a brief look.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ikrafts A warm welcome to the Community! I appreciate the details that you mentioned. That's correct there was a change on the OAuth 2.0 on August 1st. You may want to check Andrew's post to get more information about it. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should be something else because it was fine after August 1st for a while. And it works fine from Endomondo to Fitbit.

I hate to say it but Fitbit support is always a step behind others. Whenever I contact Endomondo support they already know the issue and it gets solved in hours. On the Fitbit side nobody knows nothing and it takes ages to correct bugs.

I gave Fitbit several "second chances" already but it seems like this is it- I'm moving to Garmin or Beurer because this third party thing is really weak at Fitbit. You can't force users to live only within your own platform because Fitbit is not that popular. I have only few friends having Fitbit while 30+ in Endomondo. Guess what's more important?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ikrafts I just looked at my Endomondo account and it's syncing data to and from Fitbit. You might want to try unlinking and relinking again because that worked for me.

Just to clarify, you have to understand that Endomondo is not a Fitbit product and we did not build the integration, therefore, our support for their app (or other apps in general) can only go so far. The reason they can resolve issues once they've been identified is because they're the ones that manage and maintain the integration. That's why it's usually best to contact the app owner first when issues occur.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
As I already mentioned- I've tried link/unlink several times- that's one more problem with you guys- you don't listen (read- in this case) to your customers.

Where is Apple Health integration promised million times for years?! You are just doing blablabla here at support page just to shut customers and nothing from suggestions gets implemented or from problems solved.

Don't blame others- Endomondo works fine. It's your failure. Just forget it. I'M DONE WITH FITBIT!
Best Answer
0 Votes