Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFP syncing inaccurate calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone having issues with MFP and FB syncing correctly? My breakfast from this morning is logged correctly in MFP but FB is counting it twice, both times with the wrong calorie count.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the issue you're experiencing with Fitbit and MyFitnessPal syncing correctly. Thank you for providing the additional details. Keep in mind that if you sync your Fitbit at 11:00 AM, MyFitnessPal will only have information about your Fitbit calorie burn data through 11:00 AM that day. If only a partial day's worth of data is available, MyFitnessPal will combine the actual data from your Fitbit with an estimate of your calorie burn for the remainder of the day based on the daily activity level you selected when creating your MyFitnessPal account. This allows MyFitnessPal to create a more accurate estimate for your daily calorie burn based on the best data they have available from your Fitbit device at that time. 

If the issue persists, I recommend doing the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app. For iOS see this article, and for Android see this article.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app, log back in and check your calorie count.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please revoke access to the integration with MyFitnessPal: 

• Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture. 
  • Scroll down and tap Manage Data > Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  • Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account. 
  1. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal. For more information, please see How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MyFitnessPal.
  2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand how the estimated calories work, that isn't the problem.  FB synced my breakfast twice, both times with inaccurate calories.  I had to manually delete them from FB, and sync again.  Then it finally went over to FB correctly.

If I can duplicate the problem, I'll take a screen shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the additional details. Thank you for your efforts to take a screenshot. Our team will be glad to investigate further if the issue persists. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes