Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal, Fitbit and Calorie Counting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I'm new into using Fitbit but have been counting calories for quite sometime. I am currently 125lbs and am trying to go down to 100lbs as my ideal weight for my height. I am 4'10". My Fitbit tracker is currently connected to MyFitnessPal. Both apps suggest that I am to consume only 1200 calories each day for me to lose weight. Does anyone here know if this 1200 calorie count should be all in (I should consume this amount regardless of the amount of activity that I have per day) OR should it be my net for each day (activities minus food consumed). If am to follow the 3500-7000 calorie deficit to lost 1-2 lbs a week, am I correct in thinking that it is the latter? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sherrylynn It's awesome to have you here! When you set a Food Plan in Fitbit.com it will have a calorie deficit that you chose, this will work like this the calorie deficit will be deducted from the total amount of calories burned and those will be the calories that you're allow to eat. 

If you're more active during the day, it will change and will allow you to eat more calories, this will be the same if you're less active. 

At the end of the day it will make a Fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP based on how many calories burned you have in MFP in order to give you the same amount of calories to eat in both apps. Learn more about Fitbit calorie adjustment here 

MFP.png

P.S. Hope you reach your goals and become healthier. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@sherrylynn It's awesome to have you here! When you set a Food Plan in Fitbit.com it will have a calorie deficit that you chose, this will work like this the calorie deficit will be deducted from the total amount of calories burned and those will be the calories that you're allow to eat. 

If you're more active during the day, it will change and will allow you to eat more calories, this will be the same if you're less active. 

At the end of the day it will make a Fitbit calorie adjustment in MFP based on how many calories burned you have in MFP in order to give you the same amount of calories to eat in both apps. Learn more about Fitbit calorie adjustment here 

MFP.png

P.S. Hope you reach your goals and become healthier. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this Silvia!
Best Answer
0 Votes