Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal integration issues - 9/19/16 [Resolved]

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MyFitnessPal has posted this update, indicating that they are aware of an issue affecting their integration with Fitbit's servers.

Affected users may see that they cannot link Fitbit accounts, or are not seeing data sync in either direction.

MFP indicates that that they are working toward a fix. We will update this thread when that happens.

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

It says the issue has been resolved, but water and breakfast from today are still not synching to fitbit. Only lunch, dinners, and snacks are. Steps and calories burned on fitbit are being pushed to myfitnesspal correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My calories are still not showing up in my fitness pal.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The update says that that issue is fixed.

I was able to relink my fitbit with myfitnesspal but the steps are still not showing up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is showing up in MyFitnessPal App from my Fitbit but I appear to have no syncing issues going the other way.  Food seems to be showing up just find in my Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Also was able to hook back up, but while food from MFP is showing up in Fitbit, calories aren't being posted back to MFP. Hope this gets fixed. 😞

Best Answer

Not fixed for me.  No steps going to MFP at all.  😞

Best Answer

The update says it has been resolved but my steps are still not posting to MyFitnessPal

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. It says it is resolved but no steps are going to myfitnesspal.  The calories are making it to fitbit.  I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the apps and entered a manual exercise of 2 minutes that sometime helps them comminicate and that did not work either

Edited 9-21-16: It is now working like it should

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone,

This should be resolved by now, but be sure to check out MFP's update. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Nope, not resolved for me. Calories still not showing up on MFP.

Best Answer

Likewise

Best Answer
Not resolved for me either in that calories are not showing up on MFP. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no joy today after repeated attempts. Tried unlinking, uninstalling, force quit, add device in Steps tracker, etc. I did notice that when I uninstalled the MFP app on my phone, restarted it, and installed it that it automatically had my Fitbit listed in connected devices. I thought that odd since I unlinked and I uninstalled. Fun fact, though, is that my Fitbit app is registering the summary of food intake from MFP.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see where this issue was from last month. I didn't have problems syncing until yesterday, but for the past two days my Flex has not been playing nicely with MyFitnessPal. My daily steps show up in the FB app but don't carry over to MFP, and likewise, all the inputted foods in MFP show up there but don't sync over into the FB app. I've opened, closed, reset, etc., and nothing seems to work. I've also emailed both FB and MFP help areas but have heard nothing yet. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
I see no calorie loss on the MFP side until I reach 1800 calories (I. E. 1891 in Fitbit reads as 81 in MFP. Then when I manually add in MFP an hour of fencing, which should be 536 Cal's, I end up with NEGATIVE 751 calories.

If this issue is really "resolved" in Fitbit's eyes, I am returning it while I can.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So now MFP reads for yesterday 2,318. which is a wee bit closer to the 4,749 calories Fitbit says I burned. Then i tried adding an activity to the day to illustrate the aditional calories, but this then sent my total calories burned into the negative, then as consequence, automatically stated I'd burned 503 calories the folowing day.

Adding a 5 minute jog manually, would make sense as reading at 0 calories burned, as it would have been counted by the fitbit, and thus should be negated to avoid doubling. But instead that activity gets subtracted, reducing my burn by that amount.  Even when I don't manually enter anything (which is when it behaves like a drunken sorcerer) it's still way off, and for most of the day read 0.

Best Answer
0 Votes