Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal integration issues - 9/19/16 [Resolved]

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MyFitnessPal has posted this update, indicating that they are aware of an issue affecting their integration with Fitbit's servers.

Affected users may see that they cannot link Fitbit accounts, or are not seeing data sync in either direction.

MFP indicates that that they are working toward a fix. We will update this thread when that happens.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone,

This should be resolved by now, but be sure to check out MFP's update. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help please?

My myfitnesspal app stopped syncing with my Fitbit, so I followed support instructions to revoke access on the Fitbit dashboard, and disconnect the fitbit app on myfitnesspal dashboard; then followed the Fitbit link to reconnect them, but everytime I select 'Allow' to let myfitnesspal connect with Fitbit, it comes up with the error 'Access token denied'.

Can anyone help please? How do I re-establish the access I revoked on the Fitbit dash?

Thanks

Jo

Best Answer

Having the exact same issue with my Surge.

Best Answer

I tried doing all of the above and am getting "Access token request failed." Help?

Best Answer
Same problem with Surge HR. Same void message!!!!!
Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue but without the token error.  It just takes me between allowing access on Fitbit.com to mfp's site, but it never connects.

Best Answer

Same problem here. MFP and fitbit didn't share info for the last couple of hours, so I unlinked them as advised in the older threads. Now I can't link them again with access token error.

Are the API's down/changed? Does not look like an individual problem.

Best Answer
Looks like there's a bigger issue going on then :(, might have to contact FB support! Thanks all.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same issue, access token error and all. Grrrr!
Best Answer

Fitbit is not syncing to the MyFitnessPal app today.

The food I logged this morning isn't showing as calories in and my steps today are not showing on the MFP site...

I am not the only person with this issue either.

It seems to be for ALL Fitbits... I own a Flex... but people with other models noted the same problem

Best Answer
Thanks Bethie4gc, I'd not seen that article even though I'd searched! Hopefully they'll resolve it soon then!! Thanks, Jo
Best Answer

I revoked access in order to re-sync the 2 apps, and am now getting the "Access token request failed." error.

Best Answer

Getting the "Access Token Request Failed" error also. 

I'm getting a system is down somewhere.  This only started this morning (I noticed the two systems synching fine last night).

Best Answer

The system is hosed.  Not synching to MFP nor to WeightWatchers.  Has to be an issue at FitBit.

Best Answer

MyFitnessPal has posted this update, indicating that they are aware of an issue affecting their integration with Fitbit's servers.

Affected users may see that they cannot link Fitbit accounts, or are not seeing data sync in either direction.

MFP indicates that that they are working toward a fix. We will update this thread when that happens.

Best Answer

Weight Watchers App just started seeing updates.  Still nothing on MFP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal. address and all it did was take me to the "partners" page. not allowing me to ling the two at all. I cannot find anywhere on Fitbit to connect with My fitness pal. It just says its a partner app.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidently revoked access to myfitnesspal in my fitbit settings and now when I try to add the fitbit app again to myfitnesspal it comes up with 'Access token request failed' Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes